I don't atm but i shall do soon in the school choir. And its not some ****ty thing were a music speciality school so were like one of the best in the county

Anyone else in a choir of some sorts? If so what parts do you sing etc.

Just general choral chat here.

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...

i'm a tenor, but haven't turned up to school choir for like ages, its after school and i can't be arsed.
I used to sing Soprano/Alto when I was a kid, but being an awful singer is okay when you're a kid and drowned out by everybody else so I gave up.

Years later I find that grade 6-8 music theory is all about composing chorales, brilliant!

Feel free to add me and listen to more hilarious jokes such as the above.
i'm in choir at school. I'm a bass.
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
I was in choir. I'm like....officially a baritone, but I sing tenor when I feel like it, and bass when I feel like it.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
im in the school choir and the church choir, i switch between tenor and bass, i can do either quite nicely...
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
I was for a few years, but switching to cyber school this year. Being a tenor sucks. Especially when there's only 4 of them compared to a quoir of maybe 70, and your part never shows through on the accompiament, making it way to hard to not get pulled off. And when you actually make a better bass, but you're only a tenor because the rest of the class isn't mature enough and is to scared to let people know they can sing that high.

/rant.
I used to sing tenor in choir at school, but I don't pretend I can sing anywhere nearly as well as I used to, sadly.
Quote by Nightmare_xxx
to be honest, I thought they were awful. I mean some of the songs our drummer's written was better than their stuff.
I sing in all the choirs around here. Definitely a bass, but I wish I was a tenor. Its so much better to be able to sing high along with everything on the radio than to be able to hit uber low notes that dont mean ****.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
No need to be elitist.

WE R BEST AND IT'S NOT A LITTLE RUBBISH ONE.

Okay, calm down dear.

Aaaanyway. Not in one, but I was from like being 8/9 ish to 16, minus a year or 2 when I stopped.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I was in the choir all the way through junior school. They were really impressed. I was the first boy to do it, cuz I loved singing, and by the time i was in y6, I'd got another 3 boys into it

I stopped when i moved to high school, though. May go to one in college if it's any good. The one i was in in junior school did really great songs, like Let it be and stuff like that, so it was fun.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Baritone here. I sing tenor in my school choir (bass in the extracurricular choir last year >_> and was a tenor in my county's choir. O and I'm also a bass in my church's choir due to lack of such.
I have sung in a 100 voice choir, mostly tenor, great training for the voice, adds a few notes to the top end, learn how to sing with others, counter point harmony etc, very useful as a musician, good ear training and is quick way to get a handle on reading music. However I have to stand beside someone who reads music very well as it speeds up my learninbg process and confidence.
yeah, i do school choir
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
i was in a choir for a while last year, filled in because they were very light on male singers, so i had to do bass, although usually i would be a countertenor

good practice for controlling volume and learning to project your voice, something that a lot of singers dont really do very well without a microphone
I do, and I like it.

Especially when I was picked to tryout for the solo in Jingle Bell Rock, and I Pig Squealed and screamed the whole thing.

It was epic.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Wulphy
I do, and I like it.

Especially when I was picked to tryout for the solo in Jingle Bell Rock, and I Pig Squealed and screamed the whole thing.

It was epic.

Haha. I've pig squealed stuff in choir, but not whilst trying out for a solo.
Quote by yeoman125
i'm a tenor, but haven't turned up to school choir for like ages, its after school and i can't be arsed.

Me too. And although I sing tenor, I'm not one. I'm a baritone really, but it's SATB, so what can you do? And we have 5 tenors and 129376984 basses, so it's not helpful me singing bass.
well i can't figure out if il be a bass or a tenor, probs both in the end lol, but i'm really looking forward to it.

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...