I think i may have found the perfect amp, well perfect for me anyways. I just recently bought a new Kustom 36' coupe and I'm in love. It is the best sounding that i've ever played. The Clean channel is amazing, it can go from fenderish cleans to a nice natural overdrive. The best thing about the amp tho is the dirty channel. This is what made me fall in love with it. It's just so full with loads of mids and enough bottom end to rattle the walls in my house. I just have one question.

I have played loads of tube amps before but I've never actually owned one until now. I was told by some of my friends that have always used tube amps that I should buy and new set of tubes for my amp and just keep the stock ones as replacements incase I blow one. I don't really know where to start when buying new tubes. It already has 4 electro-harmonix 12ax7 preamp tubes and 2 sovtek 6l6 russia tubes. I was thinking of just buying a new set of the electro-harmonix because I really like the way they sound but for the power tubes i was looking at ruby tubes. From what I read I think I will like them but I was wondering if anyone here has had ay experience with them? I read that there usually used in higain amps like 5150's but would they be alright in my coupe? I'm sort of after a more vintage type tone. Think Slash/Joe Perry type thing.

Sorry for being such a tube noobe

Thanks
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
anyone??
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
i would go to the tube sticky.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
anyone else??
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
if you like the sound of the stock tubes then i would just leave them in the amp. If you take care of your amp (turn it on and off properly etc.) you could get a lot of life out of one set of tubes. So the need for an extra set of tubes may not be imperative at the time. Your choice though. If you do decide to get an extra set, like chea_man said, check out the "tube sticky" there's a great description of almost every kind of tube out there so you can get a better idea of how each kind of tube sounds without just buying any random set. have fun with the new amp.
^^of course though make sure you get the right kind of tubes your amp is biased for.