not really brilliant, but for that price you can't expect much. Its a guitar.
check out the Yamaha Pacifica guitars as well

Ibanez is Japanese, but that guitar is made in China
Don't buy an Ibanez if the model number starts with "g". The Gio series is a complete joke, sadly to say
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Yeah, Geo's are generally lower-mid to bad quality guitars. My first guitar was an ibanez RG120, great guitar for $200, but not too great in features, could use a locking bridge.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG120-Electric-Guitar-103576583-i1167511.gc

The trem bar doesnt really have a thingy on the end, i got mine in white.

A better guitar for only $50 more, is this.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-MH50-Electric-Guitar-with-Tremolo?sku=516688

As far as pups and everything goes, its standard, but it has a locking trem, much better thatn non-locking, great price on it, good quality. $250
gios are pretty bad guitars. even for the audience they are aimed for they are just average

your better off getting a regular ibanez. low end artist's and regular sa's are made in china iirc but their still of slight higher quality than the gios for the same price
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
The Gio line of guitars is Ibanez's beginner guitars, really. I would not suggest them if you want to stay in the long run.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Quote by HighPotency
I would think that a low end ESP-LTD would be better than a low end Ibanez. I also think ibanez is quite overrated but maybe its just me.

Ibanez makes quality stuff. I've never picked up and Ibanez that didn't play good, except for the Gio series. To me, Ibanez doesn't get enough credit.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
The m-50 may be just as bad since it is made in the same place as the ibanez, but you have to play them.
Thanks all ive only been playing for a year now i got a gibson SG Special, but wanted a cheap second guitar.
Quote by MRWHITE35
Thanks all ive only been playing for a year now i got a gibson SG Special, but wanted a cheap second guitar.

If you want a good cheap second guitar check out...

- Ibanez RG321MH. Hardtail body (any guitar with a double locking tremolo system is bound to be bad!), mahogany body and two humbuckers. Great base guitar to upgrade with (tuners, pickups, electronics, pots, nut etc.)!

- Agile guitars. They tend to be rated pretty well on UG, however since I'm not in US I can't say how great they are. Search them in the search bar.
yes thats the best guitar for $200 in the world. i own one, and it isnt overly spectacular, but its good quality
yeah ihavenoname93 is right
the best guitar for $200 but its not spectacular because you need at least $800 for something like that
that was a very good beginer guitar right there
i still have it and still like it :P
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350