im thinking of getting a gk 400rb head, along with a back line cab (cuz im poor )

and i decided to read the manual to see if the cab would work well with it, and i want the gk growl, and it said that woofer cabs were better for this?? and i am now really confused, it also said horn amps were bad for this, but all fo the back line and artist cabs have a horn driver :S:S waht would be the cheapest and best cab for this?? i was looking at the
Gallien-Krueger 115 BLX

would this work with it? i know its not the best, but all i can afford

ty vm
Yeah that cab would work fine.
And 15inch speakers are perfect for a growly bassy tone IMO

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
tyvm , (im a duff mckagian wanna be) ... ima upgrade to a 4speaker cab in a few yeras so like, its only temporary
Woofer cab? Horn amps? Do you know what you're talking about?

Your amp doesn't appear to have that stupid tweeter/woofer bi-amp system, and I'm not sure if it applies. Not only that, it appears that the 115BLX does NOT have a tweeter.

Even then, manual settings are stupid. My EQ blogs are not.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
im a amp noob, but a guitar and bass geek.. odd, but ty.. and what you mean buy..

"even then the manual settings are stupid" ??
Usually the 'example settings' they give you in manuals are crap. They're usually exaggerated considerably and made to sound drastic, so noobs and folks who don't know how EQing works think "wow, this is distinct and therefore what I'm looking for".
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Well, there's two shots down the gob. Damn you Fitzy for encouraging underage drinking

To keep this post relevant, woofers simply refer to your standard bass speaker. There are, on the other hand, horn (and/or tweeter) cabinets that simply consist of a box of smaller speakers (Circa 2inch IIRC?). Most standard cabinets will have a high frequency driver (Horn/Tweeter) to help accentuate the frequencies that may be otherwise lost/overpowered by the main woofers.
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Last edited by Nikki197666 at Aug 25, 2008,