I just changed the strings in my guitar from 9's to 10's for the first time. It took me like 2 hours to tune the guitar and everything. Now I think I got it right. Now are both the strings and the tremolo alot stiffer then they used to be. I know they are suposed to be stiffer, but not that much. Could I have done something wrong to make they that way?

Also, I'm not sure if the strings were so far from the fretboard. Not much further, but a little. Can this problem also come up when changing strings?

Please answer, because I think my favourite, and only eletric guitar is ****ed up, and my simply just sad because of that.

Also, it's a ESP KH-2, Kirk Hammett sig, with I think, a orginal Floyd Rose
The main purpose of a TV is to have a place to point your furnatures to
First time I changed string gauge on a floyd rose was the day I got me Jackson, took me 20 min.

Make sure the floyd is level with the body of the guitar. If it is not, you will have to remove the backplate and tighten the claw to pull it down to the body or loosen the claw to pull it out of the body.
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Quote by LPDave
First time I changed string gauge on a floyd rose was the day I got me Jackson, took me 20 min.

Make sure the floyd is level with the body of the guitar. If it is not, you will have to remove the backplate and tighten the claw to pull it down to the body or loosen the claw to pull it out of the body.

I had to tighten the screws in the back like a centimeter to get the floyd leveled. I didint think it was so much
The main purpose of a TV is to have a place to point your furnatures to
It doesn't sound like what's happening is major, i'd take it to a shop and let the guy see if there is any adjustments to be made.
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50

Quote by druz15_UG
Idk, if you set it up perfect the first time, you pretty much have minimum work all the rest of the time you change strings.
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50

Quote by druz15_UG
All of my guitars have Floyd's except my Vintage Dean. They're not all what people hype them to be. I mean seriously, it takes forever to change strings and set them up, when you only use them 5% of the time you play. Probably less than that
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by julian2k4
like dave mustaine says

and i Quote

"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."

I am sure joe satriani and steve vai would say other wise,, theye both use floyd bridges......

but seriously i have two guitars with floyds a ibanez rg 470 with a liscanced and a ltd kh-602 with an original floyd and there not that bad to swap strings or drop tune it just takes patience.
Quote by osmar1
I am sure joe satriani and steve vai would say other wise,, theye both use floyd bridges......

but seriously i have two guitars with floyds a ibanez rg 470 with a liscanced and a ltd kh-602 with an original floyd and there not that bad to swap strings or drop tune it just takes patience.

yea and so does half of the world plus joe has really cut down on the floyd

and vai, well he really just abuses it, hes starting to sound like zakk wylde and his pinch harmonics..
i re read the first post and saw that he has the kh-2, well if you spent serious cash on this guitar maybe you should take it to a pro to do and ask him if you can watch him do it that you learn the proper way of swaping strings.