I just finished recording a track using the new toneport interface i got and i used audacity and all is well except there is a noteable "hiss" and I have no idea how to get rid of it, does anyone know how to get rid of it without damaging the quality of the track?? Is there something in Audacity that lets me? I'd greatly appreciate it thanks.!
i am axel rose
yeah there is a tool in there called noise removal and you cant change the amount of what you remove without removing the track itself. And if that isnt good enough go buy a boss NS-2 because thats the only other option besides my noise gates on my multi FX pedal boards.
Quote by Fzau
Wait.. you had sex thirty seconds ago and now you're in The Pit?
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
That's not a useless talent.
It's just useless.

There's no real way to be totally honest. You can remove some of it, but not it all.

The thing to remember when recording;
If you put crap in, you'll get crap out.

If you had Adobe Audition you could use the noise removal option, that works very well. There might be one of Audacity, I'm not sure.

Muck around with EQ's, if it's more of a hum, maybe back off the gain a bit and re-record the track.

- Carl, xo
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
you could mess around with the EQ (i dont know what you have at your disposal) and you could pinpoint the frequency range the hiss is in, and cut it
Quote by Carl6661
There's no real way to be totally honest. You can remove some of it, but not it all.

The thing to remember when recording;
If you put crap in, you'll get crap out.

If you had Adobe Audition you could use the noise removal option, that works very well. There might be one of Audacity, I'm not sure.

Muck around with EQ's, if it's more of a hum, maybe back off the gain a bit and re-record the track.

- Carl, xo

once again THERE IS A NOISE REMOVAL IN AUDACITY!!!! to be more precise its in the effects menu under invert.
Quote by Fzau
Wait.. you had sex thirty seconds ago and now you're in The Pit?
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
That's not a useless talent.
It's just useless.

Last edited by Mattylightning at Aug 22, 2008,
okay thanks ill look into it, it usually happens like If i record a riff and solo over it, usually when 2 tracks overlapping each other with distortion, thats when I get that "hiss" t hanks tho I found the noise removal in audacity
i am axel rose
Quote by Mattylightning
once again THERE IS A NOISE REMOVAL IN AUDACITY!!!! to be more precise its in the effects menu under invert.

... Calm down. I've never used Audacity and when I typed my post there were no others, why would I know if there was one or not?
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.