A friend of mine is looking into the seymour duncan JB possibly but if I recall, I remember hearing theirs a cheap imitation that SD makes and that there is a genuine article you've got to order from an altogether different source, anyone know of this?
dunno about the cheap imitation. But i do know that the SD sh-6b sounds better than the JB
Ibanez RGA 121 w/ SD SH-6b & SH-2n Jazz
Ibanez RGA 121
Epiphone G-400 w/ EMG 81&60A
Fender Stratocaster Original 1978 Sunburst
Alvarez Acoustic DY-85

Fender G-Dec 8" 15W

VOX AD120VT 2*12" 120W

KORG AX1500G
Quote by swe_fender
dunno about the cheap imitation. But i do know that the SD sh-6b sounds better than the JB

In your opinon :P
I really dig the JB that I have in my LP. I don't consider it overrated, just good at what it does. A lot goes into consideration though. Type of guitar, wood type, amp, etc.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
As far as Amp go's doesn't matter for now, cause its a combo/practice amp, but the guitar he's getting is one of the cheap ESP Les Paul ish models
cheap ESP? lol........ i hope you mean LTD, but even then, their ec1000 is a very well made guitar.
Well Enough Alone
Quote by Themadisraeli
As far as Amp go's doesn't matter for now, cause its a combo/practice amp, but the guitar he's getting is one of the cheap ESP Les Paul ish models

Actually the amp matters a lot when you're looking to upgrade pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The JB is not bad, but there is a better pickups.
GEAR:
guitars - ESP Eclipse-II FM, ESP LTD M-50, crapy classic guitar.
amps - Rivera Venus 3, Rocktorn Rampage 20R.
and crapy pedal of Digitech.
If someone can't get a good sound out of a SD JB then they need to re-evaluate their little hobby.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Last edited by Van Noord at Sep 5, 2008,
When you mention 'cheap imitations' do you mean the 'duncan designed' p'pus you get on low end guitars???
Quote by forsaknazrael
+1

Or it means they don't like how it sounds.
Which further illustrates my point.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord

Really?

I was about to drop the JB that's currently in my guitar for a Gibson T-top replica, but I have to rethink this decision because it must mean that I have no ear for good tone...
Last edited by al112987 at Sep 6, 2008,
Quote by Van Noord
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
anyone want to buy my old JB? i'll give you a good price for it.

i took it out because i graduated from high treble, harsh, buzzy tones.

anyyyyway, i'll give you a good deal.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by forsaknazrael
Don't know what you mean, but there's probably better choices for him than the JB. The JB is overrated.

Let me know what he plays, what amp he has, and what guitar this is going to, and I'll help him find something better suited.

^This

we now know the amp but it also matters what guitar. I had a JB in my Strat for awhile and it was nar nar. May sound good in an LP though for example.

if i were him i would focus on a new amp and worry about pups a month or so after new amp.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah...okay...You can say whatever you want, but different pickups have different tonal properties, and if someone is trying to achieve "that tone", I don't see what the problem is.

I don't see how not liking a pickup is any different than preferring a different guitar or amp.

THis is the problem with most people on UG, they all like their own thing, and think everything else sucks, but really the things they say suck are good, but they just prefer something else.
I know alot of Seymour Duncans sound really good for alt rock / punk in Fenders, dunno about in ESP's..

but if he's attempting to get a good metal tone, I've heard EMG's are really good for metal, so maybe he should look into some of those
Last edited by Swap-Meet at Sep 6, 2008,