Hey there GB&C

I wanna do a scallop to a neck I have sitting here, using the Project Guitar tutorial (http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/scalloped.htm). It looks like a pretty solid walkthough, 'cause I only wanna do the upper frets (I'm going 19-22 however).

Two questions-

1) Doing this to a maple board, would I end up filing right through the dot markers, and have to replace them?
2) At the bottom of the page, it says about finshing in Natural or Polishing. I like the feel of unfinished fretboards, so does polishing mean it's just nicer looking, and still unfinished? And how do I polish it like the picture?

Much thanks
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

what kinda dot markers is in your neck? cause when i did mine i cracked out the pearl dots cause i filled through it but f it's like the plastic type stuff then you should be fine like the pics.... and i didn't really polish mine at all so i don't know....
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
I think they're just plastic.

Whatever the black dots in maple necks are.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

i think your right but i didn't want to assume... well it should look just like the picture.... but in different colors lol.... and i don't know about the polish like i said.... but i heard lemon oil is badd for maple just a little FYI
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
Honestly, scalloping just 19-22 there is going to be hardly any noticeable difference because of the small width of the fret. Your better off doing 12-22 because you will actually notice that. But that is just my opinion. You should try playing a scalloped guitar first before you commit to anything.
yeah mine is 12-21
i just scalloped my 22nd fret on my strat. i dont really notice that much of a difference probably because i only did one. it took forever to do also. idk, i probably will go from 19-22 or maybe even 12-22. im not unhappy with it. its pretty much the same as it was but only a little different.
Thats because with the small width of the fret your pretty much resting your finger on the two frets already. So, with just scalloping those you won't notice anything because the frets are to close together.