Will one of these 200w half stacks (maybe a full stack when I can afford it) work well for punk/rock/pop/alternative tones? I want something punchy that'll grab your balls and rip 'em off, and then the occasional growl that will scare a bear from a mile away. I'd start with the 410 cab and add a 115 eventually. Thoughts?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
They're alright. I used to know someone that swore by them, I didn't think they were that special though.
i like my b100
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
I keep hearing good things, but does anyone know if I can get those tones? It has a 6 band EQ and separate gain/volume knobs, and some knob that I don't even know what it does. Is it really versatile, or is it more suited to a specific style?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I think it should. the guy who was sitting next to me at the Guitar Center was playing Blink 182 and Nirvana at overtly loud volumes, drowning me out. it sounded nice, just bugged me that I couldn't test my stuff out.

it sounded alright for both. then he went somewhere else, hopefully somewhere he got jumped.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
I think it should. the guy who was sitting next to me at the Guitar Center was playing Blink 182 and Nirvana at overtly loud volumes, drowning me out. it sounded nice, just bugged me that I couldn't test my stuff out.

it sounded alright for both. then he went somewhere else, hopefully somewhere he got jumped.

lol i would hate if someone did that... but acoustics are good amps
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
with the EQ you really can get any sound you want out of it, the manual even comes with presets and it can range from anywhere from your basic bass sounds to more slap sounds, even alternative. Acoustic is a hell of a bargain and a great amp. I'd get it