Ok. So I'm watching the Long Way down on DVD. They got to the part in Uganda where they met some people who had survived being slaves/abductees to the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda.

Watching this, they gave me quite a bit of information about it.

The army is lead by a leader who wants to overthrow the Ugandan Government, and use the 10 commandments as law.

To do this, he is kidnapping children (aged 6-8). When he catches them, he sometimes tortures them (cutting off lips, eyelids and various facial features) and then teaches them how to kill brutally.

They are then his 'army'. If someone puts a foot out of line, then they will be beaten by the other children, who are forced to do so.

Now, I was really shocked by this, but keen to learn some more. A quick wikipedia search revealed this:

War violence experienced by abductees
Witnessed a killing 78%
Tied or locked up 68%
Received a severe beating 63%
Forced to steal or destroy property 58%
Forced to abuse dead bodies 23%
Forced to attack a stranger 22%
Forced to kill a stranger 20%
Forced to kill an opposing soldier in battle 15%
Forced to attack a family member or friend 14%
Forced to kill a family member or friend 8%

That...to me anyway is really shocking that children as young as 6 are having to do and see this. It's just terrible...what do you guys think??

Also, any other examples of how evil people can be to each other would be pretty good too. I chose this because it's current affairs, and really quite shocking.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
They did a study at Harvard where they took 9 volunteers and put them in a re-created prison in the basement of the facility. They also had another 4-5 volunteers to be prison guards. The prisoners were stripped of individuality and names, they were also verbally abused and humiliated by the guards. The guards wore a uniform and sunglasses. They were going to run the study for a couple of weeks, but had to cut it short because it got to intense and it could have gotten very ugly. Try to youtube it or something saw it on national geographic.

EDIT: Science of evil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_3RIIxpAJo

The study was about what/why could make humans evil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?emb=0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2Fvideosearch%3Fq%3Dscience+of+evil&v=kgx-HjisCSE
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Last edited by swordsrkewl at Aug 22, 2008,
Quote by swordsrkewl
They did a study at Harvard where they took 9 volunteers and put them in a re-created prison in the basement of the facility. They also had another 4-5 volunteers to be prison guards. The prisoners were stripped of individuality and names, they were also verbally abused and humiliated by the guards. The guards wore a uniform and sunglasses. They were going to run the study for a couple of weeks, but had to cut it short because it got to intense and it could have gotten very ugly. Try to youtube it or something saw it on national geographic.

What was the study supposed to be about?
I'm sure that saying humans are evil is going to do more damage than good. Good job, you dolts.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
I'm sure that saying humans are evil is going to do more damage than good. Good job, you dolts.

are you by chance a turkish leader?
Quote by Soadfan8
are you by chance a turkish leader?

yes no why do you ask?
Yeah ive sen a documentary on TV about that crazy ****,one story involved these captured kids,one little girl tried to escape but got captured so the leader rounded up the other kids the same age 6-8 and he told them to kill her by biteing her to death and if anyone let go they whould be shoot..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Soadfan8
humans are terrible

/thread

the capacity for evil cannot outweigh the capacity for good, i believe empathy is the strongest and most Human emotion

since humans are the product of their environment a good environment can create good people, it is those in the most harsh conditions that will react in an evil way
damn, I hoped this thread would be ideas for how to do evil things to other people. At least I got a few ideas from TS, now to put them into action...

mwahhahahahahahaahaahaahahaahaaaaaa....

*swings cape over face and walks hunchbacked out of thread to secret evil underground lair*

also, look up the blue eyes thing, where a teacher from 1968 said to her first grade students that blue eyed students were superior to the brown eyed kids to see what happened, to teach them about racism(she did it after they referred to MLK as a negro, and didn't care he was just shot). It relates to the prison thing that was mentioned
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by imthehitcher
the capacity for evil cannot outweigh the capacity for good, i believe empathy is the strongest and most Human emotion

since humans are the product of their environment a good environment can create good people, it is those in the most harsh conditions that will react in an evil way

Hence why I suggest it's stupid to repeteadly forcefeed the idea that all humans are evil and cruel.

But noooo...

Quote by skvvisgaar
also, look up the blue eyes thing, where a teacher from 1968 said to her first grade students that blue eyed students were superior to the brown eyed kids to see what happened, to teach them about racism(she did it after they referred to MLK as a negro, and didn't care he was just shot). It relates to the prison thing that was mentioned

That's different. They were american.
Quote by Kensai
Hence why I suggest it's stupid to repeteadly forcefeed the idea that all humans are evil and cruel.

But noooo...

Most people have evil/cruel streaks, though. Are you honestly telling me that you wouldn't laugh, if you saw a pensioner get hit in the face with a frisbee?
Quote by frusciante_50
Most people have evil/cruel streaks, though. Are you honestly telling me that you wouldn't laugh, if you saw a pensioner get hit in the face with a frisbee?

If someone threw a frisbee that would intentionally hit a pensioner in the face? No. If it was accident, yes.
Intention takes the humour out of everything. Thats why weird things are so funny.

I think that if you increase the power someone has, then you increase their capacity to be cruel.
Won't you help me Mr. Jesus, won't you tell me if you can?
When you see this world we live in, do you still believe in Man?