im new to recording with software but thats the way i wanna go. can some one recomend we a good interface taht i can use to record a whole band and some good software to have quality recordings. and what else would i need thank you so much.
for $50 try the Line 6 Toneport GX, this baby is amazing for $50 and I just bought it, if you have more money to spend try to get the better versions UX, UX2, UX8, etc.! Most interfaces are great, try going to a local guitar center and checking them out! good luck!
i am axel rose
What's the budget, and what's your computer? If you want a whole band, chances are you'll need an 8 input Firewire interface that can separate each and every track (since it's unlikely you'll get all the right levels right the first time). The Presonus FP10 is probably the cheapest/best value out there...look at used ones on eBay if it's a bit too much at ~$400. Don't forget you'll need microphones...at least SM57s for guitars and bass, and a variety of stuff for drums. The alternative is having each band mate play one at a time and going with a cheaper interface.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
if everyone recorded sepretatly what kind of interface would i need
and right now i have 2 sm57s
Well, a basic USB interface such as the Art USB Dual Pre ($99) will do the trick. If you plan on adding external hardware effects like compressors, I'd go for Mackie's Onyx Satellite ($170) which comes with better preamps.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101