Hi all, i think i've screwed up my computer speakers, because i turn them up all the way a lot, just due to the fact that they're TINY!!!

...and now, when they're on, they start getting really muffled and start going staticy and just randomly go out and come back on... unless they're all the way up, then for some reason they sound perfect. But, like right now my parents are in the other room and i can't turn the speakers up, and like only one of them is working at the moment, and it's being all staticy and muffled again.

but basically, did i break my speakers on my comp.?

And secondly, what kind of speakers can i get to replace these? i want some that are, obviously, LOUD, like radio speakers. Could i hook up radio speakers to this?

Suggestions, please....
O O

___
I thought I blew out my computer speakers once, they were really staticy and not very good sound, but I unplugged them and left them alone for about a week, and they seemed to fix themselves. Now they work just fine again. Maybe just try not using them for a while?
headphones for now
?
what I do is I just run my computer sounds into my stereo. it has RCA inputs on it. Since I started doing that I wil NEVER use regular computer speakers for one of my computers again.
Try hooking up your computer to your amp for mega sound.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Yeah you broke your speakers, anyway computer speakers sucks, so buy new ones

don't buy cheap speakers under 50$, cause you'll probably end up the same problem
but what's your budget?
Bose is a good company but it's expensive

And plugging your comp into a guitar amp won't sound any good, since a guitar is made to sound good with a guitar, not to play music
Quote by samick007
I thought I blew out my computer speakers once, they were really staticy and not very good sound, but I unplugged them and left them alone for about a week, and they seemed to fix themselves. Now they work just fine again. Maybe just try not using them for a while?

Haha, THAT's not an option. I'm always listening to music. And plus, i want new ones anyways, becuase even if they DID fix themselves, i'd do the same thing again, because like others have said, computer speakers suck.

and @Sguit: i really don't have a budget... just nothing TOO expensive. I'd like the cheap/mid-class speakers y'know. Nothing special, but better than THESE crap nugget speakers.

Oh, and hooking up my comp to my stereo isn't an option because they're in two different rooms....
O O

___