Im looking to get three pedals on of which im positive of getting, the Dunlop Crybaby, but i want a distortion pedal and I figured you guys could suggest another pedal. I like the ds-1 but the adaptor costs about 18 bucks so if there is another distortion pedal that i can "Stomp" on, instead of the little button plz tell me.
for distortion, get a pi big muff. and as for another pedal, get a phase shifter of some sort. and good choice on the cry-baby
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
what kind of music do you play? how much gain do you need out of this distortion pedal? a delay would be good for the third pedal, maybe a boss dd3 or an mxr carbon copy
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
What kind of sound are you going for? The standard Crybaby is really that great of a pedal though with a few mods can be pretty nice. I'd avoid it if you aren't willing to do a bit of soldering. The DS-1 is a so-so distortion box that some people hate and some people like. They tend to be fizzy sounding.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
DS-1 and Big Muff are almost exact opposites so maybe both of them if you like the sound off both.
Chorus, Phaser and Delay would also be good pedals.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
ds-1 sounds fake and very fuzzy. it's cheap for a reason. maybe a metal muff, or just amp distortion should be fine. i just use amp distortion+overdrive pedal, which imo sounds awesome. more awesome than a freakin ds-1. actually, an analogman modded ds-1 is good
and dont worry about power adapters. theres no point in pedals if you're not gonna buy them
i recommend the 1 spot and a daisy chain, which is what i use. (ineed more pedals though..no money.)
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack