Do you struggle learning solos or improvising more? - Just interested, I seem better at improv than I am at sitting down and looking at a tab.

But I'd say practise your minor pentatonic with blues Backing tracks, and then move onto the harder stuff

Don't think of your sister naked.

[You just did]
Imagine the opening phrase of an awesome solo and then use your ear to play it. Then repeat and extend, and play and play and think and analyse and forget and then

WHAM!

you'll sound great.
Listening is the most important part. Listen your favourite players' phrasing and licks and if you're enthusiastic, transcribe them or learn to play them by ear, but just listening will help a lot as well. Then I also suggest learning to sing your phrases. Basically, practice your aural skills and learn some theory too.
One techinque i always liked was called Q and A. start with a small run and end on a note that is not the root note of the scale your playing in, the question. then another run ending on the root note, the answer. try a couple variations like QQA QAA
Quote by /dragonofdis
One technique I always likes was called Q and A.

Hmm..I know this isn't my thread. But for some reason that right there made sense to me more than anything I've heard. Thank you very much. I just explored the A Min Pent (I know everybody does that) but I just made a decent little solo in there with that QQA QAA system. Not right along that but it definitely helped me out.

Thanks man.
MY GEAR:

ESP LTD MH-50 W/ TREMOLO
ROLAND CUBE 15X
BOSS DS-2 TURBO DISTORTION
Dunlop Ultrex Jazz III
NEW: Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell
NEW: EHX: Small Clone Chorus Pedal