Im looking for a nicer distorted crunch sound for my bass. Is there a pedal(s) you would reccomend?
Try Searching UG's forum's!

But Untill Then

I would Recomend a Russian Big Muff, Boss Bass Od pedal, or just get a tube amp and put it to 11
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
well the reason i had my own post is that i couldnt find the answer i felt i needed. Im playing out of a nice ampeg if that helps anyone.
EHX have a bunch of new Bass pedals coming out soon, check out youtube for some clips. They're called the Bass Big Muff Pi, the Bass Blogger, Steel Leather, and I think there are one or two more.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Big Muff is hardly a nice distorted crunch, let alone a bass pedal.

What the TS seems to be looking for is an overdrive pedal. This gives 3 options in my mind.

1)Fulltone Bass Drive
2)Sansamp bass DI
3)Get a tube amp and crank it.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
The Lorenzo Hyperdrive pedal by Ashdown is great, I wish I had one tbh, played it for an hour or so

great crunchy tone or pretty good full on distortion, I found it to be more subtle than the Boss ODB-3, and at £60, its a pretty good price!
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by skippy_moogoose
The Lorenzo Hyperdrive pedal by Ashdown is great, I wish I had one tbh, played it for an hour or so

They are awesome. For a sound demo check out my profile.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
i have the ashdown drive plus. its not as much of an distortion pedal but an overdrive but its got a really got sound you could also try that..
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Bass PodXT Pro. It's a rackmount but it is amazing. I have one and the quality is extremely high.
To theWallofYAWN, I think in those recordings its just the pedal because it also acts as a DI.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp