so, i need an e-bow.
and i figured paying hundreds of dollars on car payments, house payments, and the such, i don't have the dough to buy one.
so i figured i could make one. or find something that would work as an ebow.
so help on this UG?

btw; don't flame me if im in the wrong place, just politely point me to the right forum

Seriously, though, I dunno what you're talking about, so here's a free bump.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
No idea... but I just got one and they're wonderful. You really can't save up like $90 over time?
Whats an e-bow?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
An ebow is an electronic device that you place over a guitar string that contains 2 alternating magnets that cause the string to vibrate really fast giving a similar effect as a violin player would get using their bow
some guy on the sustainer thread over at project-guitar.com built one
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by Lcollins1
An ebow is an electronic device that you place over a guitar string that contains 2 alternating magnets that cause the string to vibrate really fast giving a similar effect as a violin player would get using their bow
Cool
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Couldn't you just get two ferrous rods, wrap them in magnet wire and wire them to some sort of timer IC/power-relay. Effectively creating two electromagnets working back and forth really quickly?
im glad a thread like this is up and running again, been interested in Ebow(s) for a while and i think it would make a nice wee project instead of just buying one.

ive been looking through PG on that sustain thread but nothing simple to read/understand about a decent way to build one has cropped up.
anyone found anything?

oh... and it is possible (apperently) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UawRrWUVzfc
I had an idea. I was thinking about how possible it would be to make one that was built into the guitar. But it'd be too much to have one for each string, but if I made one that did all the strings at once, it'd be pretty neat for chords.
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by guitar/bass76
I'm none too familiar with it, but isn't that alot like the fernandes sustainer?

Yeah that's pretty much exactly it.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by guitar/bass76
I'm none too familiar with it, but isn't that alot like the fernandes sustainer?
Never heard of it, but from the sound of that, it's been done before. Dang, I thought I had an original idea.
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw

if you can, try to make a knockoff fernandes sustainer. they kick ass. and real ones are like 200$!
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)