Suppose some idiot goes into an internet cafe and posts pr0n on UG and gets permabanned, that computer is forever banned from accessing the UG forums, right? so if i'm in bad luck and happen to come across such an internet cafe I'm ****ed, right?

or is there anyway the mods can see if a post is coming from an internet cafe or not? (which I doubt)
Well they can see if it's school's IP and whatnot. I think they would know.

PS, which cafe did you do it in?
I'm about to move and I'm not going to have internet for a while, and i'm only going to be able to get online via an internet cafe. that's why i was wondering.
It depends on the ban.
One type of ban is an account ban. They ban your account, but you can access the website through another account on that same computer.
Then there is an IP ban, which pretty much bans the computer from access UG.

Say IP 1.1.1.1 is banned from UG. If you tried to access UG from your account on that IP, you wouldn't be able to, and might just get banned.
Say account 123abc is banned from UG with the IP 1.2.3.4. If you access UG from that IP with your account, you may or may not be screwed. The IP you registered from will be looked at...

Hope that makes sense, I kinda rambled lol
what exactly are you asking?
If someone who's not you posts pr0n on UG, get's the public PC permabanned, then you try to log in, and get the banhammer?

wut?
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

OP sounds guilty?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Can't one just change the IP address????? I coulda sworn I have done that in that in Networking before...but I didn't pay attention in that class...so yeah...
Quote by Stratoblaster73
what exactly are you asking?
If someone who's not you posts pr0n on UG, get's the public PC permabanned, then you try to log in, and get the banhammer?

wut?

yeah I'm asking if someone decides to get the IP of a public PC banned, if the mods can see taht it's a public one or not.
Well I'm not sure which IP the mods will see. They log which IP you registered from, and maybe the one you are visiting from. If they notice you're using the IP 1.2.3.4 and it is permabanned pr0nz0rs poster, but you registered from 4.3.2.1, you might be fine.