Sorry if I put this in the wrong forum, i'm kinda new here.

I really want to buy a synthesizer because a lot of my inspirations (Tokyo Police Club, Say Hi To Your Mom, Crystal Castles, OPOPO) use a lot of synth in their music, but I dunno where to get started, I know that most bands use Yamaha and Korg synths, the manufacturer isn't important to me, as long as it's worth what i'm paying, my cap would be about $600 CDN, (US dollars would be roughly the same), anyone have any suggestions??
I just got into playing the synth as well, (though in prog rock roots) and I think a good synth would be a used Yamaha Motif Classic, I got mine for about 600, and it serves its purpose. I don't know much about synths, but I really do enjoy mine and I am no stranger to music in general.
Quote by Barack n Roll
Sorry if I put this in the wrong forum, i'm kinda new here.

I really want to buy a synthesizer because a lot of my inspirations (Tokyo Police Club, Say Hi To Your Mom, Crystal Castles, OPOPO) use a lot of synth in their music, but I dunno where to get started, I know that most bands use Yamaha and Korg synths, the manufacturer isn't important to me, as long as it's worth what i'm paying, my cap would be about $600 CDN, (US dollars would be roughly the same), anyone have any suggestions??
Depends on what your using the synth for. If your playing live music, anything by yamaha or roland will sound awesome. Keep in mind that old synths can have the same sort of sound as the midi sounds on your computer.

If your just aiming to write songs and record them, maybe you might want to get fruity loops? If you get the right sound fonts and vst's you can achieve just about any sound from this beauty.
The alesis micron and the microkorg are both pretty cheap synths for the sound they produce.
The hip cat says; "Mhm, okay, I can groove wit' this"
you could download minimogue va its free i havnt tried recording anything with it yet but its cool to mess with!
Electric Guitars Samick Torino,Jay Turser warlord, Jay turser jt-xg2( thats a double neck) New york pro Strat copy Acoustics Ibanez pf , new york pro and 3 nylons from the 70's