Okay, so next summer I will be getting a job that will allow me to get a new amp (Well, used, but new to me, so no new amp suggestions please?) and a new guitar. I don't want to spend over $1000, but I will if it is necessary. Now, I'm looking for a guitar that will handle hard rock and metal, but can also do some cleaner things, such as blues and jazz. Pick-ups aren't too much of a factor as I will replace if necessary. An Original Floyd Rose or at least one that can stay in tune relatively well is preferred. 22 frets are preferred as well, but I can live with 24. Now, I have a couple models in mind (Mainly Ibanez S series guitars, they seem to fit in this bill quite well, but not too sure about the 'cleaner' side of things, haven't played one in ages.)

Thanks to all that help.

BTW, if I haven't mentioned before, feel free to suggest any other brand that you think would be better.

Thanks
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Im looking at the ESP LTD EC-500. From what I have heard it covers all that. Also looking at the Parker P-44 as its a very versitile guitar.
How about a good old fender Telecaster?

Edit: oops, kinda missed the whole metal thing, sorry... I also found that Floyd Roses are more hassle than they're worth. Each day I regret my Ibanez RG purchase a little bit more.
RIP Terry Kath (1978)
Last edited by Breakfast_Rock at Aug 22, 2008,
Thanks for the replies!
Well, if I do have some money left over, I may also look into a Tele or a Strat, since I always loved them. I'll look into the LTD, Jacksons and the Parker!
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
Nope, the amp is on a separate budget. Amp will be $1500ish, but I will be shopping for a used 2x12 tube combo.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Ibanez S.

/thread
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Oh that makes things a lot easier now. I would say try out the...

Schecter hellraiser
Jackson WRM3/RR3
Ibanez S series or low end prestige
Maybe even a PRS?

EDIT: Nvm, no PRS in that range with a floating trem. It also depends on what you think sounds/feels good.
I was looking at a PRS, but I don't think any of the retailers around me have any. BTW, I won't be ordering off the web, I would rather be able to play it in person and buy it. And I wouldn't be able to anyways.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
get a shecter hellraiser dude
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
I'm not all too informed about Schecters, but does the Schecter Hellraiser come in a model without the EMGS? I'm not all too keen about batteries and what not.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
you would have to check but i know schecters make models with seymour duncans
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
Alright, I'll look into them, thanks!

EDIT: What about an Ibanez JS1000? If it's as good as all the praise reviews make it out to be, I may be able to go over my budget, of course I will try it out first, but before I do I want your opinions on it!
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Quote by lookie here
Alright, I'll look into them, thanks!

EDIT: What about an Ibanez JS1000? If it's as good as all the praise reviews make it out to be, I may be able to go over my budget, of course I will try it out first, but before I do I want your opinions on it!

ive never been a fan of ibanez, sure there a great guitar but the feel and non original floyds never caght me much.
my next guitar is gunna be another schecter most likely, but i really wanna try out some high end ibanez guitars
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
Yeah, I've heard that the Egde bridges (not 2 or 3) or the ZR's (On the S series) are amazing bridges. And the S series has some guitars that are under $1000, so if a Schecter isn't my thing, I will go for the Ibanez. I'll still try these all out though.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
I can tell by your sig you dislike the S series I'll check out some ESPs and LTDs.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Quote by Pg.inc_music
I would say an ibanes S series is your best bet

+ 1

You get a good versatile pickup configuration and the ZR tremolo is an option
Which S series model would be ideal?
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Maybe you'd want to take a look at a MIM Stratocaster with a Floyd Rose - Fender actually makes these with an HSS configuration, although I suppose it's hard to find outside of the Internet: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-FR-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=517910
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I was looking at that a while ago, I played my old guitar teachers MIM Strat with a FR and it felt kind of stiff, but maybe that was just his.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Alright, so I've narrowed down to the Ibanez S series for now. Should I shell out the extra cash for a Prestige model, or should I just get a regular S and get some new pickups or a delay pedal I've wanted for a while now?
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75