yeah, i got one. the only main differnce is the strumming. since the strings are grouped close together, its about the same to fret. but strumming especially for soloing is a little more difficult in my opinion.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
I don't think they're really harder to play, just different - if you're picking single notes and skipping strings - your technique will likely need work, but it's not really that bad. What's your budget?

For cheapish 12 strings my favorite has to be the Sierra Northstar (spruce) - you can usually find them for ~300 usd.

barre chords aren't that bad
Just twice as many strings to hold down. but boy, do they have a great sound, especially for strumming. Few finger-pickers make it though. I used to have one and decent finger-picking was a job and a half. I put it in the too hard basket and got rid of it.
Last edited by Akabilk at Aug 23, 2008,
Quote by guitar/bass76
I don't think they're really harder to play, just different - if you're picking single notes and skipping strings - your technique will likely need work, but it's not really that bad. What's your budget?

For cheapish 12 strings my favorite has to be the Sierra Northstar (spruce) - you can usually find them for ~300 usd.

barre chords aren't that bad

Depends on your tuning.

I play standard with 13's.

Barre chords are that bad.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Playing a 12 string isn't that difficult if you already play a six string acoustic and you should be able to move over to one fairly quickly. My personal preference is for lighter strings however and I would recommend Elixir nanoweb lights.... .010 - .047
The Yamaha APX 700-12 or CPX 700-12 (APX having a smaller body) are great 12 strings 'cos of the low action. I also have a CPX 700 6 string and the 12 string is just as comfortable in terms of fretting and barres.

I don't like the sound of a 12 string picked though (although I looove Hotel California), but for strumming they can't be beaten
Quote by Zach_F
Depends on your tuning.

I play standard with 13's.

Barre chords are that bad.

I play 12's - but the action's pretty low, so there you go.