So my computer was left on for a week or so, and it had been working perfectly fine. until today I went to use it and it is stuck on this screen where it says hit delete to go to setup and hit tab to go to something else. But the keyboard isnt responding, and it wont get past this screen. Anyone have any ideas of what it might be? Or anything I should try? The computer turns on fine.

Thanks for any help.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Joe Perry Boneyard (BKP Black Dogs)
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
Is the keyboard unplugged? Also, you don't need to enter the BIOS menu just because it told you how.
Dunnno about the screen, but if you have a wireless keyboard it might not work until the actual OS boots, so you'll need a wired/non-usb one for it to register you hitting the keys
reboot?
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
Quote by Masonpwiley
Is the keyboard unplugged? Also, you don't need to enter the BIOS menu just because it told you how.

+1

if its stuck there with an unresponsive keyboard, try
1. check if the keyboard is plugged in.
2. try turning on or off caps lock. if the light goes on or off, it works. if not, try a different keyboard.
3. hard shut off and try again. ie. hold the power button til it shuts down, then wait 15 minutes and try again.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
The keyboard is plugged in, the mouse isn't getting power either. i tried another keyboard and it didn't work. Normally a similar looking screen comes up that says to press f1 to continue, that option isn't there anymore.
Gear:
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
does ur mouse work? if so, find the device managar option (right click "My Computer", go to properties, hit the hardware tab, and look for the button) go to the keyboards section, find the little icon with the exclamation point highlighted in yellow, and right click it. there should be an option to uninstall it, so uninstall your keyboard. Unplug the keyboard wire from the computer after its uninstalled, and plug it back in. This should reinstall the keyboards programs and drivers, making it practically new again. My keyboard doesnt respond a lot after i turn off my computer for the night or something, and i do this every time, and it works again. Hope that helped.
Quote by Patty-cakez
does ur mouse work? if so, find the device managar option (right click "My Computer", go to properties, hit the hardware tab, and look for the button) go to the keyboards section, find the little icon with the exclamation point highlighted in yellow, and right click it. there should be an option to uninstall it, so uninstall your keyboard. Unplug the keyboard wire from the computer after its uninstalled, and plug it back in. This should reinstall the keyboards programs and drivers, making it practically new again. My keyboard doesnt respond a lot after i turn off my computer for the night or something, and i do this every time, and it works again. Hope that helped.

He can't actually get to that spot. He's stuck in the setup menu.
Its probably something more than just "is your keyboard plugged in? yukyukyuk"

If its the boot screen(BIOS) then your having a little bit more trouble than that. It might be something wrong with your harddrive. I would recommend turning it off for a little while and then trying again. Could you tell us what that other option was(if you hit tab)?
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Quote by Patty-cakez

I think we've already established he can't boot the OS, let alone "right click my computer"
Quote by soulflyV
He can't actually get to that spot. He's stuck in the setup menu.

that sucks. I've obliterated my helpful energies into typing that non-helpful post D:
it says tab will go to the 'POST screen'
Gear:
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
nothing happens no matter what you do to the keyboard.
Gear:
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
i have tried all the USB ports
Gear:
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
you need a keyboard with one of the old connections, with the pins, trust me, my wireless and usb keyboard don't function with BIOS
I tried one wiht the pins. Im getting a af error from the motherboard. its a abit fatality.
Gear:
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
fixed. ram needed to be reseeded.
Gear:
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!