Is the Vader 212 Cabinet worth the extra 100 bucks over the Avatar 212?

I know the Vader has a steel grille in it and the sprayed on finish. But the Eminence Legends they use cost roughly half of the Vintage 30's that the Avatars have. I just don't see where the extra 100 bucks is going...
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
The construction on the Vader's I've seen is definitely a notch up from the Avatar's I've seen. The Avatar's are still fantastic, but I don't think anything shy of explosives is going to hurt the Vader.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Well I was mainly worried if the Legends would sound alright with an Engl Fireball pumping through them. I know the V30's are staples in Metal, but I don't know much about Legends
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Aren't those Vader cabs a real popular item for metal? I'd think those Legends would do a bang-up job.

IMHO, the V30 is a very overrated speaker. Also, I have heard (and may, therefore be wrong!) that the Celestions in Avatar cabs are not of the Made in England variety, and that's one of the areas where they're able to cut costs. I'll accept corrections from Avatar owners if that's not the case.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^Actually the only Celestions made in England are the high end Heritage series. Hence ALL V30s are made in China. Still many high end cab uses the Chinese Celestions (actually most do). The Chinese ones are still really good. But yeah the V30 is IMO an overrated spaker. It's just WAAY to agressive IMO!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I'd say go with the Vader. I personally don't really like V30's as they are rather beamy and have an immense ice-pick They are quite overrated, the Legends are meant to be quite good for metal. The dudes from Necrophagist use Vader cabs right?
Quote by alexlemon2
I'd say go with the Vader. I personally don't really like V30's as they are rather beamy and have an immense ice-pick They are quite overrated, the Legends are meant to be quite good for metal. The dudes from Necrophagist use Vader cabs right?

Thats is correct, a ton of popular metal bands use them.
The Legends are tighter and punchier and have a huge low end, I'd take those over v30's any day.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
Thats is correct, a ton of popular metal bands use them.
The Legends are tighter and punchier and have a huge low end, I'd take those over v30's any day.

I completely agree. In fact the Legend V12 may actually be my favorite speaker ever.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM