I want to buy a new guitar, but I dunno what to get... I dont want a Fender or GIbson(too pricey) and I need it rather cheap, roung 1g
the faded gibson flying v, les paul and sg's are within 1 g and they sound really good
carvin

but to get it out of the way, what amp are you playing through, and what styles of music do you play?
Quote by FireandFlames
carvin

but to get it out of the way, what amp are you playing through, and what styles of music do you play?

this.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I dont know how anyone can be giving advice right now...
We need to know what sounds you are going for and what style you play TS.

Quote by julian2k4
dont get an ibanez

What's your reasoning behind this?
It's so dumb how people on here say don't get so and so but they never back it up.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
That doesn't answer what amp you have

edit: nvm

your profile says a Marshall stack.
is the control part of the head on the top or bottom of the face of it?
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
I dont know how anyone can be giving advice right now...
We need to know what sounds you are going for and what style you play TS.

What's your reasoning behind this?
It's so dumb how people on here say don't get so and so but they never back it up.

theyr overrated, necks are ****ty, floyd is ****ty, and gay metal bands use them. and personally i think they have no stage presence...theyr just a big eye sore

well thats enough reasons for me...

your welcome
Quote by PowerDistortion
Have myself an MG, what?

You have a half stack version of a practice amp. Seriously, get a new amp if you have 1k.

Quote by julian2k4
theyr overrated, necks are ****ty, floyd is ****ty, and gay metal bands use them. and personally i think they have no stage presence...theyr just a big eye sore

well thats enough reasons for me...

your welcome

good Ibanez trems beat out FR brands any day IMO. Edge Pro trems are sex.
Quote by FireandFlames
You sir, have yourself an MG.

You need a new amp rather than a new guitar.

i agree, people focus too much on their guitar and forget about their amp.

im pretty sure i can plug in any guitar to my set up right now, even a squier or an epiphone(well not an ibanez) and it would sound good...well at least decent
Quote by PowerDistortion
But alls I got is a stupid SG

That SG will sound better through a good amp than a $5000 PRS through an MG
Oh and I also have that Esteban guitar and it came with a little Esteban amp, not sure if its any better.
I'd suggest looking at a 5150/6505+. Also, Bugeras are great amps for their price. Check 'em out, they're almost identical to Peavey 5150s.

Quote by julian2k4
i agree, people focus too much on their guitar and forget about their amp.

im pretty sure i can plug in any guitar to my set up right now, even a squier or an epiphone(well not an ibanez) and it would sound good...well at least decent

I'm just going to say this, whether I'm banned or not..

But you're a fucking idiot.

You hate Ibanez because you're clueless when it comes to decent floyds and above-par playability. The Edge trems (minus the Edge III) are the greatest floyds to this day, other than the ZR, which is another Ibanez trem.

Leader of the Ibanez haters club? LoL @ You
Quote by Deep*Kick
why do you need to have ur amp flat bickie in your house if you are just practicing is what i'm wondering? Of course it's bad for every1's hearing

Rig:
Ibanez Xiphos7 w/ Blackouts -or- ESPh307->MXR ZW-44-> Peavey 6505+

7/ERG Legion
to the guy bashing Ibanez.. You're pretty retarded. It sounds like you're just jumping the "hate ibanez" bandwagon rather than having legitimate reason to hate them. Does Ibanez have a crappy trem? Yes. Do they have ****ty necks? Yeah, sure. But so do low end guitars of all brands. I'm pretty sure you just tried out some sh*tty low end Ibanez and decided that the whole line of guitars suck, when their Prestige line is seriously the nicest playing guitars in my opinion. Their necks are AMAZING, my favorite personally. Their trems are also outstanding (Zero Resistance, the best floating bridge ever). Stop being so ignorant and try a decent Ibanez before you decide the whole BRAND sucks

For the OP, a general rule of thumb is to always have a better amp than guitar.. Most of your tone comes from the amp, not guitar. I know its tempting to have the guitar of your dreams in your hands, but you'll regret it when you realize your tone sounds like crap. A Marshall MG is, well, pretty bad. You can get a JSX combo or 1/2 stack USED easily with 1k or lower. You'll love it, its very versatile
Last edited by ikeyedyourcar8 at Aug 23, 2008,
Quote by ikeyedyourcar8
to the guy bashing Ibanez.. You're pretty retarded. It sounds like you're just jumping the "hate ibanez" bandwagon rather than having legitimate reason to hate them. Does Ibanez have a crappy trem? Yes. Do they have ****ty necks? Yeah, sure. But so do low end guitars of all brands. I'm pretty sure you just tried out some sh*tty low end Ibanez and decided that the whole line of guitars suck, when their Prestige line is seriously the nicest playing guitars in my opinion. Their necks are AMAZING, my favorite personally. Their trems are also outstanding (Zero Resistance, the best floating bridge ever). Stop being so ignorant and try a decent Ibanez before you decide the whole BRAND sucks

For the OP, a general rule of thumb is to always have a better amp than guitar.. Most of your tone comes from the amp, not guitar. I know its tempting to have the guitar of your dreams in your hands, but you'll regret it when you realize your tone sounds like crap. A Marshall MG is, well, pretty bad. You can get a JSX combo or 1/2 stack USED easily with 1k or lower. You'll love it, its very versatile

whoa i feel special he wrote a whole paragraph for me and he checked out my profile

ok dumbass first of all i have tried every single ibanez out right now, no lie put it on my mom. why? because i have stupid friends that try and try to convince me that ibanez make good guitars, my guitar tech has 2 prestiges why would anyone buy not one but 2 crappy guitars, i dont know, i even tried out that 8 string ibanez just yesterday which was kinda fun, but thats not the point, the point is theyr not good guitars. and trust me id choose a high end ANYTHING(fender, ESP, Jackson, Gibson) over a "high end" ibanez

trust me buddy i know more about guitars than u may think