Going from multi effects pedal to singles but still using the multi for eq, delay and such. I have a SS amp so i prob need a distortion and overdrive pedals instead of just an OD like tubes. I play a little bit of everything but mostly alternative like 3 doors down and seether but also like to go back and play some older metal like maiden, metallica and sabbath. Not really looking for metal only pedals or pedals that have alot of fuzz to em.

Price range: Id hope to not pay more than $80 per pedal.

If you have any more questions ill check this often.
what amp are you playing through?
and i would say if it's not that great of an amp, buy a new amp first, then start buying pedals.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
sounds like you could use a new amp dude. ive found that pedals dont always "get along" with SS especially if youre trying to blend distortions. In my experience if you dont like the general sound of your core equipment ie. amp and axe its a terrible uphill battle to fight by adding pedals. no matter what distortion you use the amp will color the tone with its own character and and if you dont like that character you can find the perfect stompbox and it will only sound almost just right. basically i would reccomend that you wait it out while you save and get equipment from the ground up that suits you well.
I'm only telling you this to save you trouble and money - pedal distortion for under $100 will usually suck.
Radial Tonebone pedals are the best distortion pedal I've ever used.
In terms of overdrive, the boss SD-1.
my band is here ------> myspace.com/weareattica
Quote by just some guy
I'm only telling you this to save you trouble and money - pedal distortion for under $100 will usually suck.
Radial Tonebone pedals are the best distortion pedal I've ever used.
In terms of overdrive, the boss SD-1.

people that only like expensive expensive equipment are simply wise enough not to trust their own hands and ears (or extremley wealthy). my favorite pedal (DOD FX69B) would have costed 50 bucks brand new and i got it used for ten with a knob missing and i still love it.
forgot to throw some pedal names out there. for a little distortion id go with an ibanez ts808 or a clone if you like money. i have a bbe green scream and it sounds about identical with just a little bit more high end deffinition and 70 dollars less. for moderate distortion a boss ds-1 can do a lot but it all kind of sounds the same or maybe try a fuzzface even though theyre hard to dial in just right. for crazy distortion id recommend a dod fx69b grunge or the digitech grunge. the dod is discontinued so hit up ebay or craigslist or a pawn shop or something if you want one.