Does anyone feel like rating my tapping skills? OK, hammer on's/pull off's with right and left hand. Basically, I need some feedback so I can work on shortcomings or find a new practice run.

i don't care: 1 - 10

i practice it a lot because of time change. It is slow to start and picks up speed.

there is no amp here, so don't rate the Tone rate the playing.

it was done with my Digitech RP250 strait into PC on a Flange based preset. Audacity to record and create effect at end of exercise.

it is the Digitech to PC - 2007 Flange example:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/311ZOSOVHJH/music/all/play294215

criticism is welcome of course.
tnx
That was not to great, it sounded like you were just pressing onto the fret and not flicking downward with your right hand. Try moving around more, fast patterns and wide stretches.

4/10 work on your right hand

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php
sounds good. My tapping skills are similar to yours, and I'm happy with keeping them at that level. But, if you play metal, you gotta keep practicing! Those are perfect for classic rock, though,
How can you think of getting away with such heavy effect layering ?

Seriously, if you test out a skill or another the last thing in line is putting stuff over it, we need to hear it, plus even with good skills it wouldn't have been pleasing to hear so much of something like flange just straight sucks, I do it like this: crank the tubes to 12, close the room's door, get to the next room, half close it, then you've got the only effect you need (naturally): crazy-ass reverb that sound like you're playing in the next big thing :P.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Quote by Mike!
sounds good. My tapping skills are similar to yours, and I'm happy with keeping them at that level. But, if you play metal, you gotta keep practicing! Those are perfect for classic rock, though,

C'mon, perfection is the wrongest thing to say. Plus Van Halen's old enough to be classic .
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Quote by Gäbe
How can you think of getting away with such heavy effect layering ?

Seriously, if you test out a skill or another the last thing in line is putting stuff over it, we need to hear it, plus even with good skills it wouldn't have been pleasing to hear so much of something like flange just straight sucks, I do it like this: crank the tubes to 12, close the room's door, get to the next room, half close it, then you've got the only effect you need (naturally): crazy-ass reverb that sound like you're playing in the next big thing :P.

tnx for votes and comments. keep it coming.

yeah, that was almost a year ago when i was first getting started at all of this. there is no amp here. i do practice it with a tube amp but do not have a good way to record it yet outside of camera mike (which is what all of my VK clips are from)

yes - it is somewhat overbearing that Flange no doubt.

tnx