This would be my first build, but I have been thinking about the most boss guitar you could make, and its something like this:

Double guitar, lower one being a slide guitar, like high fret board and strings, upper one perhaps a 7 strings, nice stain wood finish with inlays and nice grooves all over. Now I realize there is a lot missing here, hardware etc, but do you have any suggestions as to what a good route to take would be?

I am far enough away from actually building this were all Id like input-wise on this is maybe if a slide guitar would build nicely into a double, if a seven string is a good idea, etc.

Also, I am a moderate to above average woodworker, and a perfectionist, so I am not too overwhelmed by a complex first build, but is this to much?

Any general advice would be great, thank you.
maybe a 12 instead of a seven...be weird switching from country/blues to death/progressive metal in one guitar IMO.
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Quote by NOtrab
maybe a 12 instead of a seven...be weird switching from country/blues to death/progressive metal in one guitar IMO.

Haha, thats true, but wouldnt it be possible to play a, possiblely 'unique', blues style with just a lower bass string? I feel like I might be able to play some really cool sounding riffs if I encorporate a lower string, but maybe thats just because I havent played a 7; I could be totally wrong.

A 12 would be neat, but then it makes the guitar more of a one trick poney with that setup. I would probably just make its a 6 and a slide if 7 is not possible.
...... what the hell does 7 string have to do with only playing metal its just some extra range. @ NOtrab

go for it i sez TS lawl
I am me. Live with it.
Well decide, is it worth the extra weight? Why not just make a 7-String? The only real reason to have a double neck is for 6-12 string combination's, or 6-4 (guitar and a bass in one!)
Quote by the_strikes
Well decide, is it worth the extra weight? Why not just make a 7-String? The only real reason to have a double neck is for 6-12 string combination's, or 6-4 (guitar and a bass in one!)

mmm. maybe, but i fail to see how its much of a difference, although those are more conventional.

i can envision it being a guitar for doing so sweet heavy blues riffing, then busting out some slide come solo time, and probably being useful in many occasions.

but... and this is the point of the thread, is my idea skewed? i feel like that would be cool, but there may be things I am over looking, and thus I turn to you to tell me what, and just as importantly, why, you agree/disagree with this idea.

thanks for the quick responses btw