I'm looking for a guitar amp with excellent clean tones. I am going to be nearly exclusively playing it clean, with my strat for those that are curious. Built-in reverb would be nice, but not necessary. Preferably tube.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
a vox ac30
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
says you have a JSX. Those have great cleans, but chances are, if you do find anything with better cleans, you'll end up with a fender tube amp. Without a price range, its kinda hard to find an amp for you but pretty much all fender tube amps are the best cleans you can get.
I say Vox AC30 or a Fender Twin Reverb
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Its not a tube amp but as far as awesome cleans go I have heard good things about the Roland jazz chorus.

Amp
'62 reissue Mexican Fender Stratocaster.

Fender Blues Junior

Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Electro Harmonix NYC Big Muff
Ibanez TS9 tube screamer
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
Electro Harmonix Micro P.O.G
Ibanez DE7 Delay
tube amps have good cleans? i obviously dont know anything. never mind. fender amps have nice cleans. that's all i can think of
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Fender.
Vox.
Orange.
My carvin MTS has nice cleans, they're weak until you boost the master a little bit, then they're great.
I've also got a blues junior.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Meh, the Vox AC30s breakup a lot more than the Fenders at high volume. So I'd get a Fender Twin Reverb or something like that.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by The-Joker
Its not a tube amp but as far as awesome cleans go I have heard good things about the Roland jazz chorus.

Amp

+1
jazz chorus is meant to have the best cleans, works great with boss stomp boxes and multi effects as well (apparently lol). Johnny Demarco rules
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
A Fender Twin Reverb will probably be your best option. I personally love the Vox cleans more than any other, so I'd get an AC30.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by Branflakes
You aren't a mod... Let them do their job.

again... he's been warned and you are on your way to the pit if you keep it up
Quote by ILUVMEXICANCAWK
again... he's been warned and you are on your way to the pit if you keep it up

Seriously??

Im not kissing your ass because you want to be a mod.

Threads like this get kicked to page 3 towards noon...Just leave it alone
Try to get a vintage blackface Super Reverb. You won't regret it.

PS: to the Peavey JSX comment: No, they don't have good cleans.
Maybe I didn't explain what I want very well. I want a small tube combo with one speaker, for portability. I do get a good clean tone with the JSX, but nothing special. Most of the amps posted have been to big. I am strongly considering the Blues Jr. Anyone know of some good clips of it clean?
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo

*No Advertising*
didnt you already make this thread?
try a used deluxe reverb, try a princeton reverb. search youtube for clips of these and the blues junior. and dont make the same thread over and over again.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
roland jazz chorus
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by chea_man
didnt you already make this thread?
try a used deluxe reverb, try a princeton reverb. search youtube for clips of these and the blues junior. and dont make the same thread over and over again.

I accidentally made one in the Electric Guitar forum. I haven't been posting in it, so it should have died off. Other than that one, no.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo

*No Advertising*
do you want completely clean cleans, or slightly compressed sounding, on the edge of breakup kind of cleans?

completely clean at any volume = roland Jazz Chorus.

completely clean until you push it really far = blackface fender of some description.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
i think chea is the only one who saw the post about small portable combo, 1x12. Yes the Blues Jr is a great little clean amp that doesn't weigh a ton, has great reverb. So does the Deluxe Reverb (22W) and Princeton (15W). I just played the last 2 and think they are both great small portable great sounding clean combos.
Quote by jackson001
I accidentally made one in the Electric Guitar forum. I haven't been posting in it, so it should have died off. Other than that one, no.

haha its ok. i was like freaking out. i knew i had posted in the exact thread before, i thought i was losing my mind.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
How much power do you need? A blues junior won't cut through the mix at most gigs.

I'd suggest a fender Blues deluxe. Great cleans, and a lot more clean headroom than the hot rod deluxe. plus it's way more portable than the a twin or super reverb.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
I was going to suggest something by Laney, but meh.

I use a Laney Tt20 and it has excellent clean, built in reverb and a little drive as well.
Sweet.
For an unusual suggestion try the Marshall AS50R, I think thats its name. It's an acoustic amp but with a strat the clean sound is one of the best I've heard.
I want a warm clean, not a bright one and it seems that the fenders are fairly bright. I'm looking for something similar to Keb' Mo's warmer tones.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo

*No Advertising*
The tone I want is like the one in the solo at around 3:05 in Come On Back by Keb Mo
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo

*No Advertising*
Pretty much all Fender vintage reissue amps as mentioned before or, if you got the dough to spend then look at Hiwatt amps. Pricey as hell, but they got huge clean headroom. One of the reasons David Gilmour loves them, then uses a pedal to dirty it up. Fender or Hiwatt + comp pedal = smooth sustain and clean as a babies behind
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I have a Fender Deluxe Reverb RI, which I think would fit pretty good into what you're looking for, you should try one out!
Guitars: Fender Highway one -08, Epiphone SG, Walden acoustic and two parlour-acoustics from the early 30's
Amps: Fender -65 Deluxe Reverb, Marshall Valvestate 8240, Peavey Rage and one unknown one, hehe...
Pedals: Dunlop Fuzzface, Original Crybaby