Page 1 of 2
*Spoilers*

My favorite is Jack Sparrow at the end of Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Mans Chest.
When he utters "Ello beasty" and jumps into the krakens mouth, its just so epic.

On a side note, I think the third movie was amazing but they should have ended it with the second without the cliffhanger, it seems like an appropriate ending. Anyone agree?
Last edited by CobainBohnam at Aug 23, 2008,
sounds like you just wanna talk about pirates of the caribbean, so why didn't you just make that the thread title?

(also, they signed a contract to make all three movies, so there's no reason not to have made a third one)
i think the OP is gay cuz he wants to talk about BUTT pirates of the caribeans
I thought if anyone didn't see the movie by now it isn't something that would ruin their lives if they saw a spoiler, nonetheless I put the mark.

And yes, I changed the thread title to PoTC discussion.
Whats everyone's favorite movie?
I have to go with the first.
Quote by CobainBohnam
*Spoilers*

My favorite is Jack Sparrow at the end of Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Mans Chest.
When he utters "Ello beasty" and jumps into the krakens mouth, its just so epic.

On a side note, I think the third movie was amazing but they should have ended it with the second without the cliffhanger, it seems like an appropriate ending. Anyone agree?

I hated the third one. It dragged on and on, ended it so they can make another damned movie if they want too. The second one is my favorite.
on a related butt pirates note, the butt pirates series is reference quality blu ray material

so if you have buttpirates of the carribean you should rebuy it on bluray if u have a bluray player and an hdtv cuz it looks really good very awesome but OP already knows that since he gets buttsex daily k
Quote by Thapumpkineater
I hated the third one. It dragged on and on, ended it so they can make another damned movie if they want too. The second one is my favorite.

The third has no replay value you, you know?
The first time you watch it your amazed but it lacks spine.
The first one though is timeless, everything is great.

I think the series has to move out of the whole "supernatural" thing just a tiny bit. I'm tired of all these enemies who can't die because of a reason you know? Sometimes I just Jack Sparrow or Barbossa to have an epic sword battle that can end someones life at any moment. Yeah, I guess I'm harsh, but they're still my favorite movies.

Guitar Eater: What are you doing trolling this thread? Please, go to your room put on some MTV and practice playing Smoke on the Water on guitar. You'll get it down eventually
i dont play guitar but if i did i would play it like miley cyrus

interpret that how u will

o and to add something constructive, the 3rd pirates went down like a clusterfucck trainwreck in terms of story, 2nd one was baaaad too, but not as bad.
Quote by Guitar Eater
i dont play guitar but if i did i would play it like miley cyrus

interpret that how u will

Oh, a drummer I see.
The Pit is a great place for musicians.

And drummers.
I disagree, the story was a little complex but you could follow it.

Jack: Wants to live forever
Barbossa: Needs Jack to kick Lord Cutler Beckets Ass
Sao Feng: See Barbossa
Will: Needs Black Pearl to free his father from Davvy Jones
if u were given a black peal would you use it for ur own purposes or destory it for a greater good
u say that but great power brings a deep seated instability vis a vie corruption
Quote by stratkat
They all kick ass because jack sparrow kicks ass:p
I hope they make a 4th movie.

Same here, however Keira Knightly said she would not play Elizabeth

Oh well, I hope the next movie(or trilogy) center around Barbossa and the crew of the Pearl reuniting with Jack (who has not found the Fountain of Youth yet) twenty years after the first movie. Elizabeth would be killed and Will would go after the killer, and kills the killer out of self defense. Due to Wills history as a pirate the court believes it was intentional causing Will to go to jail. Will is to be killed and Jack realizes he must save Will for he has done the same for him. Jack rescues will and tells him to head to the Pearl where Barbossa is waiting in the bay. He escapes while a Captain in the army has a duel with him. Jack escapes the battle narrowly.

Jack realizes he can't live forever, and is now frantic for his search of the Fountain of Youth. After fighting various enemies (who got a copy of the map) and a few betrayals, Jack finds the Fountain of Youth and it is empty. Their are dead skeletons all around which indicates people fought for the fountain. Jack realizes the true treasure is living.
[/Disney]

(Not really the only part I really think it should be is 20 years later, the rest I BS'ed)
But they'd be like 45....

How about 6 years later.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Quote by CobainBohnam

Oh well, I hope the next movie(or trilogy) center around Barbossa and the crew of the Pearl reuniting with Jack (who has not found the Fountain of Youth yet) twenty years after the first movie. Elizabeth would be killed and Will would go after the killer, and kills the killer out of self defense. Due to Wills history as a pirate the court believes it was intentional causing Will to go to jail. Will is to be killed and Jack realizes he must save Will for he has done the same for him. Jack rescues will and tells him to head to the Pearl where Barbossa is waiting in the bay. He escapes while a Captain in the army has a duel with him. Jack escapes the battle narrowly.

Jack realizes he can't live forever, and is now frantic for his search of the Fountain of Youth. After fighting various enemies (who got a copy of the map) and a few betrayals, Jack finds the Fountain of Youth and it is empty. Their are dead skeletons all around which indicates people fought for the fountain. Jack realizes the true treasure is living.
[/Disney]

(Not really the only part I really think it should be is 20 years later, the rest I BS'ed)

I heard about that, it's bull****.

Not in the sense that it's a lie but she sucks for not wanting to do another movie in a series that elevated her career more than anything.

The thing about the series is that when they first came out it was like "AWESOME!" but now a little while later we're already forgetting about them. Watch, ten years from now they're remembered as being part of the millennium's first decade or something.
i prefer the original since it didnt even need a sequel. plus my friend's cousin was something like an extra in it, he was one of the pirates and was seen in a couple of shots (if you look up Finneus Egan, you can see some of his film credits)

and heres a question about something that has bugged me for SOOO long. why do chicks think the character Jack Sparrow is so hot? he just looks like a greasy nasty dude to me.
Last edited by dudius at Aug 23, 2008,
Quote by CobainBohnam

Jack realizes he can't live forever, and is now frantic for his search of the Fountain of Youth. After fighting various enemies (who got a copy of the map) and a few betrayals, Jack finds the Fountain of Youth and it is full. Time passes and we cut to the future where we meet Keith Richards.

He lives forever and the next movie is the prequel to Shine A Light.

Fixed.
I seriously dont understand now

Who will play old Elizabeth and old Jack Sparrow and old Will Turner? Their grandfathers?

Sorry but the 10 year wait period is getting me knocked off right now..

Any replies on this?
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
the only good parts about the last 2 were all the Escape from Monkey Island references
first was the best....by far.

the 2nd was bogged down with spcial effects.
and the third you can't just watch,you have to follow....or you lose the plot.

and for the third i hope its another jack/barbossa struggle.
will is cap'n of the flying dutchess so he floats in and out of it (never liked him much)
lizzie got no reason to go sailing without will

/plot twist
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Quote by centorium
first was the best....by far.

the 2nd was bogged down with spcial effects.
and the third you can't just watch,you have to follow....or you lose the plot.

and for the third i hope its another jack/barbossa struggle.
will is cap'n of the flying dutchman so he floats in and out of it (never liked him much)
lizzie got no reason to go sailing without will

/plot twist

fixed.

If they do another i'd definitely like to see one without will and elizabeth. Their stories been told and they annoy me. A story revolving around Captain Jack and Barbosa with the fountain of youth is just what we need. I'd go see that for sure
I gotta say that I don't understand why everyone liked these movies so much, I remember being bored while watching the entire thing. without often Johnny Depp jokes, I wouldn't even watched the movies, but being the critic that I am, I wanted to understand why this was such a Huge Blockbuster, than I figured it out, Nothing good was on at the same time.

what made you love this film?
...And The Nominees Are
The first one was average, the second one was rubbish and the third one was awful. The only thing I liked about them was Johnny Depp's performance but even that got a bit tiresome by the end of the third one. And the ride's better than all 3 put together.
The first one was excellent. The second one was too long and boring. And the only good thing about the last one was Keith Richards playing Jack's dad.

It suffered the curse of the Matrix.
Quote by jagstang270

what made you love this film?

It was a pirate movie but not "Yarg, treasure, *sword battle*". It had an intricate plot, the Jack/Barbossa dynamic, and the wittiness of Jack Sparrow. Thats why I liked it.

And to the person who said Elizabeth should sail with Will, she was not aloowed to it said that at the end of the third movie. For some reason I thought the third movie was the best the first two times I watched it, now I really got sick of it, even the epic battle at the end.
1st is the best. I didn't really like the other two at all.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
The 3rd one was awesome because of Chow Yun Fat.
That guy must be like 40 now and I still would.
--------
Quote by musiclover2399
You know there's actually a clip after the credits in the third one. It's nice but kind of leaves a few things unanswered.

Yeah I saw it.
Disney said their was in error on their part and Will is allowed to live and stay on land because Elizabeth remained faithful for 10 years.
So it is a happy ending after all
^Yeah, that's true.

According to wiki there is a fourth in the works
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean_(film_series)#Future

Johnny said he'd love to do it, the guy who played Barbossa said the same, and the director and producer both said they'd like to do kind of a spin off following Jack.
i really hope they dont make more. by the third movie, we caught on to all of Jack's mannerisms and it started to be like how the Austin Powers movies reuse all of the same jokes and none of them really introduce anything new, its just a different plot.

Disney milked the Pirates of the Carribbean movies for all they're worth, just like they do with everything else. the disney channel now has its own Superman, Iron Man, and Batman tv shows because the movies made it all popular again.

and we all know how disney kills their original movies with cheap sequals.
Page 1 of 2