Hey guys I just finished the first half of a cover of Metallica's newest song of The Day That Never Comes and was hoping for some feedback. This half of it is the clean section with a bit of the start of the heavy section. It's in my profile, and C4C of course.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Grimmy101/

Edit: Just put the full version up, excluding the section with Kirk's solo.
Last edited by Grimmy101 at Aug 23, 2008,
bloody ****in' brilliant man!
keep up the good work
the intro sounded spot on! (as well as the rest!)
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Ebony)
Ibanez RR250
Squire Strat

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Line 6 Spider III 15

Boss DD-20
Boss OS-2
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Just put the full version up, excluding Kirk's solo section. I can't play his solo and the rhythm is a bit boring so I just cut it.
Very good overall, I just find your distorted tone a bit muddy, but that's probably just my taste.

Your clean tone is very nice, but I can hear your fingers scratching against the strings and creating a scratchy noise, it's very hard to get rid of, but I just hate it and I think it sort of ruins the feel of the song, but it wasn't too noticeable.

Only complaint I have about it would be your tone, I imagine that it gets a bit messy when you play fast, and the bass is making it sound a bit dampened too, but it has a nice rhythm crunch to it, and the scratch on the clean channel.

At about 3:50 you seemed to have a very tiny stutter with the scale, but that was hard to notice too. I'd also try adding vibrato to the notes you hold for longer instead of just holding them, I find it gives the song a bit more life.

Overall very well played and very clean.
Holy ****!

It sounds like the single without the drums, bass or vocals. The recording is ace and the playing is flawless. I'm glad to hear such a fresh song being covered. Man, you did an outstanding job on this song.

Overall, 10/10

Thanks for the comment on my cover of One by Metallica!
I appreciate it.
This is really great, nice work.

I love the tones, sound spot on.

As MetFan10 said, great job.

Thanks for commenting on my Ride The Lightning even though it sucked.
I left a comment on the song in your profile, in case you didn't catch it. I'm a man of my word. You crit mine, I crit your's. You didn't think I had forgotten...
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
I left a comment on the song in your profile, in case you didn't catch it. I'm a man of my word. You crit mine, I crit your's. You didn't think I had forgotten...

Thanks for the crit man. To reply to your question the original does have drums, but at the time I made this cover there were no Guitarpro versions with drums out.. I'll probably remake this with drums once the album comes out though. The other Metallica cover I just put up "My Apocalypse" does have drums though.
You're welcome.

Ah. I see now.

I don't follow Metallica much after the Black Album, so I thought the song was from St. Anger. I just thought you didn't have drums because that was when Lars used a trash can as a snare drum...
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
do you play that on your roland cube 30 ? What settings is it on the amp? What did you use to record the song?

Its awsome! Very good job
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard