So its time to get a new one and I think I'll spend up to $1200 USD, I've been thinking and I'd probably buy the guitar from Shecter, Ibanez, or Jackson but I accept any suggestions from any other brand. I want a six-string with two humbuckers, and if possible with a single pickup as well (2 humbuckers, and a single pickup together). Something that the guitar must have is a whammy bar. I'd want to be able to play in the guitar things from MAB and Zakkk W., also from the fall of troy and as i lay dying. Hope to get some solid answers...
PGMs come in HSH, but the currently available model is hardtail. You can probably find older ones with double-locking units, though.

I think that there are also a whole slew of prestige Ibanezes that fit your specifications.
this is a pretty general response, but always consider prs when looking for a new guitar. most of them are probably out of your price range, but to this day, i maintain that the best guitar i have ever played (and undoubtedly the most expensive) was prs. they are pretty damn sharp too.

edit: i actually read op now, and while a prs won't have locking tuners, you get what you pay for, and a tremolo on an expensive guitar shouldn't throw your guitar out of tune noticeably. (you can always re tune in between songs : - ) )
Last edited by tona_107 at Aug 23, 2008,
Quote by Normandy247
get the 1200ish ibanez JEM. Too good, and just what you're looking for.

I think you're talking about the 555, which is simply terrible.

It's a non-Prestige Korean RG with a hefty price tag.

Any Prestige RG (MIJ) is going to be a better deal in terms of general quality and hardware.

The only advantage of the 555 are the DiMarzio pickups, but they don't justify the massive difference in price (several hundred) compared to other Korean RGs.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap

Any Prestige RG (MIJ) is going to be a better deal in terms of general quality and hardware.

The only advantage of the 555 are the DiMarzio pickups, but they don't justify the massive difference in price (several hundred) compared to other Korean RGs.

+1

Ibanez Prestige models tend to come with HSH combo situation and a double locking trem (i.e. whammy bar). But the good thing, it's a GOOD whammy bar!

Check out models like the RG2550Z, Ibanez S5270 (new Jap made 24 fret S model! : ) or a Ibanez SV5470 (new Jap made 24 fret S style model with a vintage style trem).
get one of the jackson kelly's i think its like the ke3
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by Bonsaischaap

Yea that's very true but if you're a steve vai fan and can't afford a MIJ jem like the 7vwh or 777, the 555 is not a bad choice. I really wanted a jem for the longest time so I just bought the 555 used and in good condition for about 400 bucks, changed out the horrid lo-trs bridge to a original floyd rose, setup the neck and the intonation, and it plays very well.

But with 1200 bucks and your taste in music I'd say buy a used jem7vwh (just make sure you play before you buy) or maybe even yngwie's signature strat. Although the jem7vwh may be the better fit for you, the strat you should be able to buy one new for about 1200, while the jem you'll have to settle for a used one.
Last edited by artoflife at Aug 29, 2008,
Well Thomas Erak uses an SG/Les Paul/Les Paul Doublecut, fitted with a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge.

Most of the others will be using shred guitars, but I think Schecter is your best bet. Maybe a LTD if you can get one with Seymour Duncans or EMGs would most def do.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣