Almost everytime I talk to someone or hear someone talking and they begin to tell a story or re-create (hyphen?) a conversation they use the word "like" in unhealthy amounts. Just wondering if people talk like this everywhere or am I just surrounded by Hannah Montana listening, like rap because it will make me cool, haven't heard of either of the presidential candidates and live in America morons? Gracias in advance

P.S. I may have found my answer, live in America
No alot of us do that. It's a conversation filler. I hate it when people do that, but I do it myself so...
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Public Service Announcement #2.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Although it can quite annoying, a lot of people do it here and there at the very least. And you are not very intelligent.
mmmk.
funny you should mention this. in class, i used to keep a tally of how many times the girls used the word like in there answers to questions. i once had almost twenty in one answer

but sometimes i do it too, instead of saying: And then, Johnny calmly replied, "No way you're touchin' my junk." and with a fit of rage and red hot anger flashing across his face, Jamal countered with the words, "bend over, skinny white boy, 'cause you my b*tch and it's time fer sum good ol' fashioned a**rape."

why do that when you could say: and Harold was like, "Hey you guise!" and Samantha was like, "So... I here you liek Mudkipz?"

It's like people do it because of lack of confidence like when we are nervous we do something like bad habits like brushing your hair ect. I hate when people say like way too much like this
Recommend me any good post-hardcore band
in my psychology class we read about this, its called a "hedge". from a psychological view, it generally shows either a gap in vocabulary or a tendancy to talk faster than one is thinking. i think its funny because the book also noted that these hedges, along with saying like "in my opinion", "no offense", "maybe its just me", etc are more often used by women.

those "american morons" who curse every other word is another example of the gap in vocabulary.
That's like ehm.... well like I never really noticed because, well, like, eh you see?, it's like they never say it, and that can be like really annoying when they would have said stuff like that I wouldn't like that so much. Like when you don't like it. Like.
we get that in England, especially amongst the 16-25 year olds. it's so irritatting.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
I use like when I need to fill a sentence. Its a subconscious thing.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
At least in French from what I've heard, the equivalent to our "like" is "uh" or eh". A different sound from the sounds we make, but I'd say that just about every language has them.
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
Quote by jimmyslashpage
Almost everytime I talk to someone or hear someone talking and they begin to tell a story or re-create (hyphen?) a conversation they use the word "like" in unhealthy amounts. Just wondering if people talk like this everywhere or am I just surrounded by Hannah Montana listening, like rap because it will make me cool, haven't heard of either of the presidential candidates and live in America morons? Gracias in advance

P.S. I may have found my answer, live in America

I have no idea what you said after that.
well i got used to it, sometimes ill do it ALOT in a convo or sometimes i wont say it at all, it depends on the urgency of the conversation and what type it is.
Quote by jimmyslashpage

You used 'like' thrice in your post... You could say 'for example' instead of 'like' or even 'such as'.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.