Are there any bands that use 7 string sweeping?

Alternately: What are some 7 string sweep shapes?
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
All Shall Perish. I know they do on their new album, Awaken The Dreamers, not sure about their previous two though.

Check out the guitarist from All Shall Perish here:
http://youtube.com/user/cstorey138
He has some good vidoes and plays some 7 string sweeps.

Also, Outworld I imagine would. Guitarist is Rusty Cooley.
Bands: Yes but I cant name any....

Shapes: Plenty.

I know one person who uses them: Steve Vai.

If you know your tuning, and you know how to build chords, its easy to work out 7 string sweeps.

E Major7 7 String Sweep:

E---------------------------------------12--16--12-----------------------------------|
B----------------------------------12------------------12-----------------------------|
G-----------------------------13---------------------------13-------------------------|
D-------------------------14-----------------------------------14----------------------|
A---------------------14--------------------------------------------14-----------------|
E-----------12--16-----------------------------------------------------16---12-------|
B--12--16--------------------------------------------------------------------------16--12---|
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
Bands: Yes but I cant name any....

Shapes: Plenty.

I know one person who uses them: Steve Vai.

If you know your tuning, and you know how to build chords, its easy to work out 7 string sweeps.

E Major7 7 String Sweep:

E---------------------------------------12--16--12-----------------------------------|
B----------------------------------12------------------12-----------------------------|
G-----------------------------13---------------------------13-------------------------|
D-------------------------14-----------------------------------14----------------------|
A---------------------14--------------------------------------------14-----------------|
E-----------12--16-----------------------------------------------------16---12-------|
B--12--16--------------------------------------------------------------------------16--12---|

Yeah I know about those, but I'm looking for stuff where the root note is lowest (I know you could argue that this is a B sus4add6, but you know what I mean). Thanks though.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Last edited by Psychedelico at Aug 23, 2008,
So, explain to us why you ask for shapes. It seems to me like you know how a chord is constructed. Take those notes and make your own shapes.
Quote by Vomit Rapist
So, explain to us why you ask for shapes. It seems to me like you know how a chord is constructed. Take those notes and make your own shapes.

Exactly.

That said - Rusty Cooley.
Santiago Dobles from Aghora is a big sweep picker who uses a 7 string. I'm not sure how often he actually sweeps across all of them but he definitely does sometimes at least.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Freepower
Exactly.

That said - Rusty Cooley.

I've never seen Rusty do 7 stringers? I see him use 5's and 6's all the time but I haven't seen a 7. Maybe I'm just blind.

Damn, I bet he does 8's sometimes too, but his fanned fret guitar would be difficult to sweep on, I imagine.
Well, whenever I try to make a shape it always seems to come out weird, so I figured pre-existing shapes would just make life easier.

Also, where can one download some Aghora? I've heard good stuff about them.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you