I asked it before but the thread died as soon as i made it so i didnt get any answers.

Anyway, im playing 11-52 strings and on my current ****ty guitar i had to put a piece of wood in behind the tremolo so it wouldnt bend. Anyway im about to buy a classic player 50s strat and i was wondering what kind of adjustments i will have to do with it to be able to play the same kind of strings.
On original its 10-47 on that guitar i believe.

So i hear something about adjusting the truss rod?
Adding springs, adjust the tension of the springs (tremolo springs)?
Adjust the string height?

Thanks in advance!
first is truss rod adjustment. you need to do this. then comes action and intonation. plus, if you're going for higher gauge strings, you might want to adjust your nut. either file it more or replace it. add more trem springs to counteract the tension of the strings.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
before u buy the 50's strat make sure u really like it.
small frets + 7.25 radius is well known for getting fret out which means sustain dies out very fast on the higher frets.
Quote by BirdHouse
before u buy the 50's strat make sure u really like it.
small frets + 7.25 radius is well known for getting fret out which means sustain dies out very fast on the higher frets.

Oh yeah ive heard that, but thats the fender classic.. the classic player has a 9.5" radius. So I should be fairly safe wouldnt I?

On a sidenote, anyone knows how many trem springs there is in this one? And how many spaces left for new ones?