i got the Dunlop 535Q, any suggestions for settings or songs that i should learn?

also 1 questions: do i rock to the tempo or when i want the effect to happen? cos the tempo thing works but sometimes the effect comes at odd stages.
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
some guns and roses have some wah involved.

Depending on experience you could try Peter Frampton's : Do you feel like I do (live)

Black Sabbath Electric Funeral.

Remember all the way pushed down is more treble, rocked all the way back is more bass

There really is no rule as to when you should rock it, but alot of guitar players like to follow the vocal line and some just rock it to tempo.

Your preference.
Equipment

• Shecter 006 Deluxe
  • Line 6 Spider II 30
  • Harmony Acoustic
  • Dunlop GCB-95 Wah-Wah Pedal
  • Zoom 707 II

Favorite Guitar Player(s)

• Eric Clapton
  • Brian May
  • Jack White
I have the original crybaby, so i can't help you on any settings, but as for songs go with Welcome to the jungle by gun's and roses, also i like playing sunshine of your love by cream, Have fun with your wah, i know mine is one of my favorite pedals!
playing guitar is one big musical journey

My gear:
Epiphone special sg
Line 6 spider III 15 watt amp
Digitech bad monkey tube overdrive
Digitech grunge distortion
Digitech hyper phase phaser
dunlop original cry baby wah.
bulls on parade?
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
well...Hendrix, kirk hammet and slash use a lot of wah

I think Dazed and confused has a little wah,and pills demons &etc by Velvet revolver sounds awesome
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Quote by xemosucksx
some guns and roses have some wah involved.

Depending on experience you could try Peter Frampton's : Do you feel like I do (live)

Black Sabbath Electric Funeral.

Remember all the way pushed down is more treble, rocked all the way back is more bass

There really is no rule as to when you should rock it, but alot of guitar players like to follow the vocal line and some just rock it to tempo.

Your preference.

The Frampton song is a talkbox, not a wah
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
The Frampton song is a talkbox, not a wah

thats what i was thinking.

And pretty much every satch song ever made has a wah in it. He uses it as more of a filter though, emphasizing certain notes that gives it a bit of a sweeping sound. cool stuff. Try surfing with the alien, or for a less challenging song try one big rush.

You could go towards the funk end of the spectrum, and a lot of wah'ing going on there.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
just fool around with it. its awkward at first, but soon youll get the hang of it. sometimes just rocking it with the tempo is great, sometimes doing it along with your playing works.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Tales of Brave Ulysses - Cream
sickly wah song. it's a must learn.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Spikehairman10
I have the original crybaby, so i can't help you on any settings, but as for songs go with Welcome to the jungle by gun's and roses, also i like playing sunshine of your love by cream, Have fun with your wah, i know mine is one of my favorite pedals!

Neither feature a wah though! (Some say Clapton used it as a filter on Sunshine, but it's NOT a wah song!)

Also, the TS has Hendrix as his avatar and I hear wah, how come no one has suggested Voodoo Child? Or Burning Of The Midnight Lamp, also a good one. Oh and yes as said Tales of Brave Ulysses and of course White Room! Sweet Child O' Mine has some wah in the solo.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Try out some Red Hot Chili Peppers, She's Only 18 has alot of wah in it
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by B. Heath
bulls on parade?

This. and pretty much anything else by Tom Morello. Rage Against the Machine and that other band he was in, I think it was Audioslave or somthin like that. He uses MASSIVE amounts of wah.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think you're the only person on the planet who is worried about how mainstream muffins are.
Ok here is a quick wah primer: Listen to Voodo chile slight return and up from the skies from Jimi Hendrix, Next check out Some old UFO tracks, Check out the live Ozzy/Randy Rhoads tribute album, and finally listen to almost every Metallica solo to hear some wah wah. The wah is a very versitle effect in that you can use it as a filter (ie. to make a solo very trebley or bassy, rock it to the tempo to provide some accents in the music like reagge) experiment and you will do just fine.
Tons of Thin Lizzy with Brian Robertson has a lot of wah in it. Just listen to Live and Dangerous and you'll hear it.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Oh..just remembered..many pearl jam songs have wah..and also perfect situation from weezer..I think..
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

thanks a lot guys, better get cracking!
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

~Napoleon Bonaparte
lots of cream and early clapton has wah, like whiteroom, so does voodooo chile, morello has alot of wah, but he uses alot of digitech whammy with it doesn't he?
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
i'll learn voodoo, surfing and some funk thats for sure. any suggestions to lead me in the way of funk?

another question: my wah seems to make certain notes play louder that others when in the heel down position when i play notes on the lower strings and vice versa for the the high strings and toe down position. is this a problem/fault?

~Napoleon Bonaparte
Last edited by dayvbayb at Aug 24, 2008,
Try some early RHCP for funk
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
VOODOO CHILD!

I love playing it with my wah.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Use it infrequently, so you don't get bored of using it in 3 months time and permaban it from your pedal chain.
Quote by dayvbayb
i'll learn voodoo, surfing and some funk thats for sure. any suggestions to lead me in the way of funk?

another question: my wah seems to make certain notes play louder that others when in the heel down position when i play notes on the lower strings and vice versa for the the high strings and toe down position. is this a problem/fault?

Shaft by Isaac Hayes
listen to mono (and various other post rock bands) and use it as either a hi-fi or low-fi filter for a sort of white noise.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
white noise? sounds interesting please do tell

~Napoleon Bonaparte
basically, crank all your distortion/fuzz/dirt BEFORE the wah, and leave the wah in a fully toe-down OR heel-down position. listen to com(?) - mono, you'll hear it just after the 10:30 mark, if i'm not mistaken.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
RATM songs

Man in the Box - Alice in Chains

Most RHCP songs, seeing froosh rapes his wah pedal during most his solos.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I remember asking the same question when i got my wah wah hahaha...

What i do is to just kind of rock it with the tempo, and whenever a high note comes or a bend or something i step on it to the let the treble shine, mostly long notes

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
I'm honestly surprised no one has said "Kirk Hammett's solos" yet.

There are so many uses for wah in many different songs, really, the best way you can practice is to get a feel for the pedal first, know where all the positions are, and play with the settings. The 535Q is capable of many different wah sounds. That being, most 80's and 90's bands, funk bands and well-known solo guitarists have wah in their songs, particualrly Slash, Jimi Hendrix, John Frusciante etc etc.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I just got a footswitch with included wah, any other songs i should fool around with?

name 1 or 2 songs i could get the hang of it with, then feel free to name anything else.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^