Page 1 of 6
Now, before I start remember this: I slept through the entire thing, my mum told me when I woke up.

So at around 2:30am my mum woke up to the sound of our gate- it's extremely noisy- and thought it was next door's as their gate is the same. A few moments after that my 2 dogs started making a lot of noise. My mum turned the lamp off and looked out of her bedroom window, only to see a boy that had the same hair like me walking up the path- he tripped over a step -.

He got to the point of our front window and my mum shouted 'Hello' out of her's. The kid that was near our window legged it and jumped over the hedge, a second lad just jumped up from under the window and stared at her. A few seconds pass and the second lad legs it as well.

My mum rang 999 and said that two boys about 17 or 18 were wandering around our 'village', possibly trying to break into peoples' houses. The copper at the other end replied 'we can't help you, you need to ring this number *insert number* as it is not an emergency'. NOT AN EMERGENCY?!

Point is. That was a pointless story but I felt like sharing it. Anything like this happened to you guys?

Tim
Meh, Israeli police are worse.

We have a crazy woman living around here who once called the cops because kids were "Making noise" (At 1 PM??? WTF???). Damnit, those egghead cops chased us and couldn't catch us. And we all were like 11 years old.
Last edited by SHEEM at Aug 23, 2008,
Its not an emergency, the criminals had already gone. Besides, theres no serious crime being committed.

Most of the police force were probably busy on another diversity awareness course.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Last edited by wiggy1988 at Aug 23, 2008,
Holy **** people looked in your window?!? Whats wrong with the police these days?!?
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by wiggy1988
Its not an emergency, the criminals had already gone. Besides, theres no serious crime being commited.

Should've mentioned. An emergency constitutes of 'life and death'. Breaking and entering is no longer an emergency.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Holy **** people looked in your window?!? Whats wrong with the police these days?!?

I live in a rural area, the middle of nowhere. It was 2:30am. You don't think that was suspicious?

EDIT: Where I am at the moment
Last edited by _Tim_ at Aug 23, 2008,
Quote by _Tim_
Should've mentioned. An emergency constitutes of 'life and death'. Breaking and entering is no longer an emergency.

To be perfectly honest, most of the police force is administrative now. Its more of a crime statistic gathering agency rather than a crime fighting agency. Basically the Police are bogged down in bureaucratic red tape, designed to cover arses higher up the ladder

You want some truly pathetic policing. READ THIS http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article51021.ece
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Last edited by wiggy1988 at Aug 23, 2008,
After we had the "police reform" over here, wich has rationalised strongly on the police, only if someone has been murdered they will come - even people who has got murdered, who contacted the police before the murder didn't get help.
I am totally serious.

It's typical for our government to do this, and it always turns out seriously bad. Still, they manage to make the problems seem small by naming a lot of "facts".
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by wiggy1988
Its not an emergency, the criminals had already gone. Besides, theres no serious crime being committed.

Most of the police force were probably busy on another diversity awareness course.

The criminals had already gone from their house. Probably still not an emergency though.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by wiggy1988
To be perfectly honest, most of the police force is administrative now. Its more of a crime statistic gathering agency rather than a crime fighting agency. Basically the Police are bogged down in bureaucratic red tape, designed to cover arses higher up the ladder

You want some truly pathetic policing. READ THIS http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article51021.ece

Jesus, that story was pathetic. I mean :
While he gets served like a king

Jokes aside, that would piss me off no end.
Quote by _Tim_
Now, before I start remember this: I slept through the entire thing, my mum told me when I woke up.

So at around 2:30am my mum woke up to the sound of our gate- it's extremely noisy- and thought it was next door's as their gate is the same. A few moments after that my 2 dogs started making a lot of noise. My mum turned the lamp off and looked out of her bedroom window, only to see a boy that had the same hair like me walking up the path- he tripped over a step -.

He got to the point of our front window and my mum shouted 'Hello' out of her's. The kid that was near our window legged it and jumped over the hedge, a second lad just jumped up from under the window and stared at her. A few seconds pass and the second lad legs it as well.

My mum rang 999 and said that two boys about 17 or 18 were wandering around our 'village', possibly trying to break into peoples' houses. The copper at the other end replied 'we can't help you, you need to ring this number *insert number* as it is not an emergency'. NOT AN EMERGENCY?!

Point is. That was a pointless story but I felt like sharing it. Anything like this happened to you guys?

Tim

Laaame.. She should have hid, and waited till they broke in, then introduced a ****ing bat to their faces.
I r Pirate!
*reported for making me bored*

D'oh! Everything seems like an emergency!!!!!

Quote by duke_lion
Laaame.. She should have hid, and waited till they broke in, then introduced a ****ing bat to their faces.

Want a better version?
She should have called Chuck Norris to come!
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
Last edited by gavz_verdikt at Aug 23, 2008,
The police are good where I live. I work at a pool and there were these kids still messing around after we had asked them to leave like a million times. We called the cops and 4 of them (there were 6 kids) showed up in like 10 minutes or so. I guess it helps that there was a police station in walking distance from my work...
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
sorry,the fuzz are busy

the swans escaped...
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Quote by gavz_verdikt
*reported for making me bored!

Are you fucking seroious?!
Police are bloody awful around here.

I work in an off license, and just over a month ago about five blokes in hoods and masks, carrying a variety of bats and blades marched in and started emptying the place. Shortly before it happened (and shortly before I got belted in the face), we managed to hit the silent alarms.

We wait. We wait. We wait. My shirt is covered in blood. My co-worker is ****ting herself. Nothing. They walk out of there absolutely loaded, with pretty much everything we had.

An hour later two PCSO's turn up in a Renault Clio, ask is if we're okay, then lock the shop and tell us to go home and they'll send someone around in the morning for statements.

Thanks, dickheads, where were you during the violent armed robbery?
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic

I work in an off license, and just over a month ago about five blokes in hoods and masks, carrying a variety of bats and blades marched in and started emptying the place. Shortly before it happened (and shortly before I got belted in the face), we managed to hit the silent alarms.

We wait. We wait. We wait. My shirt is covered in blood. My co-worker is ****ting herself. Nothing. They walk out of there absolutely loaded, with pretty much everything we had.

An hour later two PCSO's turn up in a Renault Clio, ask is if we're okay, then lock the shop and tell us to go home and they'll send someone around in the morning for statements.

Jesus Christ

That really is pathetic.
Quote by Caustic

Wtf is up with british police, that seriously needs to be fixed if **** like that happens.
I don't think people realise how difficult it is to keep law and order in a country with criminality in its veins (see Nottingham historically) and such an outdated infrastructure.

Maybe I'm just biased as I know a few Police Officers personally, but that is my opinion.

They can't be everywhere at once, and there are enough ****ing bastards committing all sorts of crime to go round.
The police spend more time giving you parking tickets, putting up speed cameras, checking your insurance etc because it's easy money for them. A serious case to them is driving away from a troubled teenager on a BMX throwing stones at their car.
meh
Quote by Caustic

probably doing a risk assessment...seriously

read this http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/oct/07/ukcrime.rosiecowan

Quote by ZackyJW83
driving away from a troubled teenager on a BMX throwing stones at their car.

why do people always say these kids are troubled? They're just arseholes, pure and simple
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by Jackolas
I don't think people realise how difficult it is to keep law and order in a country with criminality in its veins (see Nottingham historically) and such an outdated infrastructure.

Maybe I'm just biased as I know a few Police Officers personally, but that is my opinion.

They can't be everywhere at once, and there are enough ****ing bastards committing all sorts of crime to go round.

I know some coppers as well, but ya see, I live in the middle of nowhere. See link up there ^. Al they have to do at that time in the morning is sit in a lay by looking for speeding cars. The worst we had is when someone got in a fight with some gang member from Manchester, the armed police were out because the gang tried to kill somebody. Apart from that it's mainly speeding cars.
Quote by _Tim_

Tim

No this is not an emergency. It would have been one, when people would have been in danger. There are more urgent situations like victims from a car accident who need blood or something. That potential burglars can be dealt with later.
Quote by ZackyJW83
The police spend more time giving you parking tickets, putting up speed cameras, checking your insurance etc because it's easy money for them. A serious case to them is driving away from a troubled teenager on a BMX throwing stones at their car.

Err...

When you say "them" you make it sound like the average bobby gets comission for doing that. The simple answer is.. No. Besides, those are all technically crimes.

Firstly, the police themselves do not put up speed cameras.

Secondly, the police do not give you parking tickets either.
the police dont investiagte most crimes..

like yesterday.. my mum, dad n my sister were in the car on the way to some shopping mall near where we live (i was at band practise lol)..

anyway, on the way back, they were behind a van which had a head on collision with a petol tanker and our car got scratched with all the debris.. anyway my dad said that he wouldnt be surpirsed if the guy in the van was dead.

he called the police when they got back home to make a statement and the police called back about 8 hours later saying that they werent even aware there was a crash.. and that it wasnt anything to worry about...

??

well there were police on sight, my dad saw them cos he was there!!!!

if the police dont even know theyve sent their own men to a crime or an accident, then... well thats pretty useless LOL
“I feel the same way about disco, as I do about herpes” - Hunter S. Thompson
Quote by Nightwatchman10
the police dont investiagte most crimes..

I can't believe he just said that.

Did he just say that?

MOST crimes?!
Quote by Jackolas
I can't believe he just said that.

Did he just say that?

MOST crimes?!

Quote by aaron6890
whoa...

wait wait wait...

its 999 in the UK?

lol yeah. and over here we call 'em the fuzz
||||
Quote by G-Gilles

And the pigs, the bacon, twats etc
I don't get it, are the police pathetic because your mum dialed the wrong number?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by aaron6890
whoa...

wait wait wait...

its 999 in the UK?

That seems like a really strange question to me lol, and yes it is 999 in the UK.
I don't particularly disrespect police officers as individuals when they're on the plod, but the organisation as a whole can go **** itself. When dealing with legal expressions of discontent, eg demonstrations, they have been known to send undercover officers into the crowd to actually initiate violence against the police, so they can then be justified in attacking unarmed people. I also took exception to the style of policing at Kingsnorth this year, where they did blanket stop and searches, and released untrue smear stories about the camp to the press. They also told everyone to leave their bikes in the car park, then when it was dark they came out with angle grinders, cut all the bike chains and took all the bikes away. Whilst this was taking place they refused to tell anyone why it was happening, and just stole everyone's bike. ****ers. Then there was the police helicopter, which was in the air for one minute in every three for the whole week, which took it upon itself to continually swoop down low over all the tents during the middle of the night, clearly just trying to deprive people of sleep.
...Bleep Bloop...
Quote by Kensai
I don't get it, are the police pathetic because your mum dialed the wrong number?

Sorry, no. Because burglary is not an emergency. It seems that if anyone is in your house taking your stuff you're supposed to let them, hoping that the police will catch them later.
Quote by _Tim_
Sorry, no. Because burglary is not an emergency. It seems that if anyone is in your house taking your stuff you're supposed to let them, hoping that the police will catch them later.

Maybe it was your particular case that wasn't an emergency?
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Jackolas

They can't be everywhere at once, but honestly, they need to be SOMEWHERE. I'd I'd rather say armed robbery deserves something more than two middle aged community support officers whose probable experience just about extends to serving old Mr Jones a verbal warning for letting his dog shit on the pavement.

And yes, Nottingham ain't a nice place. But honestly, when this is the response you get to an extremely serious crime, who's surprised?
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by G-Gilles

Now ur talking
Im gonna go see Hot Fuzz now...

Aah.. I just love these type of British comedy movies!
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
Quote by _Tim_
It seems that if anyone is in your house taking your stuff you're supposed to let them, hoping that the police will catch them later.

Have you read up on the law regarding "reasonable force" its pathetic
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate