Ive had my dsl401 for a year now and it i just dont think it suits me. I was just playing through my old MG with my newly purchased blade guitar (now in debt) and i was getting a good eric johnson cliffs of dover tone with the right Eq settings, yes its not crushing distortion but it does the job. I mean I play all sorts really... need a good blues, hard rock, clean funk/jazz and metal tone. Now im not a thru and thru metal head, but i do play it, and i think its not even gain im looking for its that big low thump that hits you. So anyone got any ideas for amps available in the UK less than £300 so i can change my DSL in for without being in debt. Hopefully long term i will buy a orange rocker 30, use a holy grail plus for verb and a seymour duncan twin tube mayhem as a metal pre amp. But with being £600 in debt to my dad I cant afford all of that which is going on for 1k anyway. So anyone got any suggests Im open to tube, transistor, and hybrid suggestions. Thanks guys
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
errm no Anyone got any suggestions? Like i play loadsa stuff but if i had to some up the raw sound it would probs be i believe in a thing called love by darkness, like that crunch sound then need a metal sound, and a clean/blues sound
Quote by Varkunus
Ive had my dsl401 for a year now and it i just dont think it suits me. I was just playing through my old MG with my newly purchased blade guitar (now in debt) and i was getting a good eric johnson cliffs of dover tone with the right Eq settings, yes its not crushing distortion but it does the job. I mean I play all sorts really... need a good blues, hard rock, clean funk/jazz and metal tone. Now im not a thru and thru metal head, but i do play it, and i think its not even gain im looking for its that big low thump that hits you. So anyone got any ideas for amps available in the UK less than £300 so i can change my DSL in for without being in debt. Hopefully long term i will buy a orange rocker 30, use a holy grail plus for verb and a seymour duncan twin tube mayhem as a metal pre amp. But with being £600 in debt to my dad I cant afford all of that which is going on for 1k anyway. So anyone got any suggests Im open to tube, transistor, and hybrid suggestions. Thanks guys

That "thump" is most likely due to increased bass...see what it's like with an extension cab/4x12 before you trade in.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Quote by Varkunus

I don't quite get this.

Also, why not just keep the DSL until you have the cash to get your Orange (or better yet, Matamp)
look im getting more thump on the MG!!!
Quote by Varkunus
look im getting more thump on the MG!!!

Bass up, treble down, presence down?

Also, it would be cheaper to get an EQ pedal or an OD than a new amp.

EDIT: And it has a lot to do with the speakers, as well.
ive got a boost, and ive tried treble down but its just now happening. A friend of mine is offering a vc30 212 with upgraded tubes and celestions. Im looking for a really crunchy distortion (darkness) sound with big megadeth style bass response, and for leads a liquidy eric johnson tone
I've played a dsl401, it was really poor. Theres alot better combos out there.
hhhm i agree i didnt used to mind it that much. But I mean if my MGs rivaling and bettering it on smooth sounds then theres something wrong. Laney vc30 oppinions?
someone is offering me a laney vc30 with EHX pre amp and power amp tubes, and celestion speaker for £300 delivered. Will it do everything I need? He said it will do megadeth with a boost, but on reviews and stuff people saying its a AC30 clone rather than a hotrodded marshall... Im confused. Help?
like that big low end sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67bTpVQfB6U that big low end big at precisely 15 seconds...? And would you say its AC like or hotrodded plexi like? My only concern after watching youtube videos, is that its quite bright, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnZnXFpzLY8 i like that slightly darker sludgy tone with slightly more gain for higher gain stuff. But like cliffs of dover liquididy for leads on neck pup