Wesley Phoenix

http://www.wesleyguitars.co.uk/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=44184&c=282695&i=236208705

Click on enlarge image for more pics of it.
It looks nice, and I've heard good things about it, but can anyone who has this guitar, or has experience in these guitars could tell me what it is actually like? Like good points and bad points. I was thinking of buying it as a first guitar, but was wandering that because I won't be buying an amp for a good while, it won't sound dire, or bad when I finally get that Roland microcube? Or would just changing the strings freshen up the sound?

EDIT: Also what's the build quality and worksmanship like?
Last edited by NKF176 at Aug 23, 2008,
If that is your maximum budget, then you won't find all that much difference between guitars of that price range.

Try out a guitar before you buy it.
Quote by blue_strat
If that is your maximum budget, then you won't find all that much difference between guitars of that price range.

Try out a guitar before you buy it.

I'm just looking for a guitar to mess around, and maybe take up as a hobby.
I've got a Wesley Bass and it was reasonably good quality, if you're looking for something to mess around on then i'm sure it will be fine.
The strings will help the sound and you should replace them every few weeks, it should sound fine through the Microcube when you get it.