i got a 6505 combo... wondering what i can do to get the best sound out of it. i jam mostly to speed, death, and black metal. i've tried both channels. i dig the clean pretty good. anybody running pedals with this amp. from what i've read this is pretty much a plug and play kind of amp. i do plan on getting a noise gate petal soon. also, considering changing the speakers to emminence...
turn the gain up to 926495629562 and set your EQ to;
Treble - 10
Mid - 3
Bass - 8

And prawn some **** up.
Save money and get a used 5150 combo. It is the exact same amp besides the name. Get an ISP Decimator and change the speakers. YOu will then have a kickass amp. You should probably get a tech to do a bias mod though since those amps are biased kind of cold to begin with.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Save money and get a used 5150 combo. It is the exact same amp besides the name. Get an ISP Decimator and change the speakers. YOu will then have a kickass amp. You should probably get a tech to do a bias mod though since those amps are biased kind of cold to begin with.

he said he already bought the amp...

...dumbass
Use a lot of bass on this amp, it will sound great!
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
^^Thanks for contributing to the thread...

Anyways, you should still get the bias mod done and get that Decimator. I don't know much about speakers so I can't help there. Maybe an OD to tighten up the sort of fizziness on the gain channel.
Last edited by acdcrocks0323 at Aug 23, 2008,
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^Thanks for contributing to the thread...

Anyways, you should still get the bias mod done and get that Decimator. I don't know much about speakers so I can't help there. Maybe an OD to tighten up the sort of fizziness on the gain channel.

od?
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Overdrive pedal. Use it with the gain how you want it and turn the pedal level up to 9 and keep the overdrive knob on the pedal at 0 or 1. It will make your sound tighter.

what's the best od petal?
Quote by acdcrocks0323

What?

Quote by MatReeves
i have a 6505+ and it sounds great through Vintage 30's if your going to get a noise gate get a boss ns-2.

Get a ISP.

Quote by ILUVMEXICANCAWK
od?

Overdrive. Something like a Tubescreamer.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Yeah get an ISP i have an NS-2 and it aint that great. Im planning on getting an OD maybe a Maxon or something.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.

...dumbass

Bitter much? WTF did he do to you? Were you hanging with the boyz gettin hiiiiigh again?

I agree on the ISP. But mess with your settings, I doubt you need a speaker change but may prefer one - Rock on.

Oh and don't scoop your mids like iRockMetal recs, you will fall out of the mix when you gig against a bass and drummer. Actually bump your mids and use a lot of bass as another poster rec'd.
But don't boost the mids too much coz it's a mid heavy amp anyway. Anything above 6 I find turns to mush, especially playing through V30s.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
But don't boost the mids too much coz it's a mid heavy amp anyway. Anything above 6 I find turns to mush, especially playing through V30s.

what kind of speakers are in the 6505 combo?
Not sure. The Sheffields that are in the 6505 cab I assume. Which are fairly mediocre.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Not sure. The Sheffields that are in the 6505 cab I assume. Which are fairly mediocre.

i wonder if the emminence legends would sound good in this combo
Quote by jpgilbert701
Yeah get an ISP i have an NS-2 and it aint that great. Im planning on getting an OD maybe a Maxon or something.
I run an ISP in front of my amp, and a NS-2 in the loop.
My half stack is so quiet when I stop playing, you can hear a pin drop.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
i hear after you turn the master volume up to at least 4, all of the problems disappear.

of course at this point your house will more than likely shake right off of its foundation and roll down the street.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Van Noord
I run an ISP in front of my amp, and a NS-2 in the loop.
My half stack is so quiet when I stop playing, you can hear a pin drop.

does it sound unnatural?
in my experience with noise suppressors (which admittedly is quite limited) is it sounds really weird. like, if set to high, it cuts of some of the notes i play, and set any lower i stop playing, hear crazy buzz for a half second, and then silence.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
does it sound unnatural?
in my experience with noise suppressors (which admittedly is quite limited) is it sounds really weird. like, if set to high, it cuts of some of the notes i play, and set any lower i stop playing, hear crazy buzz for a half second, and then silence.
You have to set them carefully and properly. They are both set fairly low and do exactly what I want them to. Having a tight, controlled high gain tone is very important to me.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Last edited by Van Noord at Aug 25, 2008,