so what material is good for making a pedalboard? as in what kind of wood?
i was thinking maybe composite, but it seems really weak to me. i need a light wood that can withstand a beating. i've been aso thinking about acrylic plexiglass. however, i have no idea about the weight compared to wood. is it heavier or lighter or the same? if it's the same or lighter, i think thatd be kickass
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Any type of wood will work. Just make sure it is solid.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I went to Home Depot and bought a black 13 X 24 shelf, covered it in felt, added some feet and a couple of handles and had a pedal board for under 20.00. I have a pic of it up on my page under gear pics. works great and best of all it was cheap.
I've always used Aspen shelves from Lowe's. Not as heavy as some hardwoods, but solid and easy to work with.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by gurg06
If you live in america....it would probably be cheaper to buy one from this site I found...
http://www.rondomusic.com/pedalcases.html

no.. it's more expensive.

so no opinion on plexiglass?
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I just built one with 3/4" birch ply for the base and 1/4" dimensional for stand off shelves.

Also, I found plastic peg-board (the stuff you put on walls to hang tools) and used that on top of the boards. I think it looks very cool.

I thought of using the peg board for the base, but it isn't rigid enough. I think it's close to thin plexi in strength so I think if you added some cross supports might be able to plexi as the base.
My Favorite T-Shirt Saying: "Warning: Drummer Playing Guitar"

My Music: Abandon At My Place -- One man heavy observational rock band...

My Fav Gear:
Egnater Tourmaster 4100, Schecter Hellraiser, MXR EQ, Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss DD-7
Quote by apak
no.. it's more expensive.

so no opinion on plexiglass?

remembering its a full case not just a board....the cheapest I've ever found on the internet....
Quote by Toolfan11
Plywood and velcro or those plastic ties.

what velcro? really? i was just gonna screw my pedals onto the board.they that those two hole metal things.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
any wood will do. though light is preferable. i just made a full pedal case out of a tread board (the piece of wood you run on when running on a treadmill) and its nice other than the fact is heavy as hell and i needed to reinforce it with aluminum braces.

but yeah velcro works nice for mounting. the industrial strength stuff holds up fine
Quote by apak
what velcro? really? i was just gonna screw my pedals onto the board.they that those two hole metal things.

I use velcro with a sticky back It's pretty much like tape with velcro on the non sticky side. then you put the opposite side of the velcro on the bottom of the pedal.
Keeping it real since '92
sorry for the hijack,

but anyone know how well speaker carpet holds up compared to velcro. i still have to line my case and velcro costs quite a bit (since i want to line the whole bottom its run be about $20 in velcro).

but i have some gorilla glue so would that and speaker carpet be durable enough?