hey
im gonna get an epiphone les paul standard plain top and the reviews say you need straplock or it falls of because of the weight... also if i do need them how do you put them on??
thanks
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
straplocks?? yeh, always a good thing to use with a les paul, i use them. two bits of attached plastic, one you twist around to put on (i.e. no work needed).
I've got an LP, and I would say straplocks are pretty much essential unless you only plan on playing sitting down.

As for putting them on, you'll need a screwdriver, and the contents of the box. I could explain it to you, but the instructions that come in the box make it pretty simple, easier than I could writing here
They aren't too hard to put on... just replace the knobs on your guitar with the ones it comes with (they suggest drilling a wider hole or something but I didn't have to) and then you put the other 3 pieces on each end of your strap. Getting the clips on the strap is the only real pain in installing strap locks.
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
Unless you like getting the headstock fixed alot then yea straplocks of some kind are required. The way LPs are the strap wont stay on while playing for any length of time. But first thing to do for an epi is fix the existing strap button. They dont last long before working loose and falling out. I just got a bigger longer stainless screw from the hardware store. I use the plastic straplocks ones that work with any strap versus the metal kind that fix to your strap.
Quote by pawnshopguitars
I've got an LP, and I would say straplocks are pretty much essential unless you only plan on playing sitting down.

As for putting them on, you'll need a screwdriver, and the contents of the box. I could explain it to you, but the instructions that come in the box make it pretty simple, easier than I could writing here

+1

Its pretty simple, you change your strap button things to the smaller ones in the packet, then attach the strap locks to your strap so they are permanently on and then your strap just clicks into place. just make sure you do them up tight and the right way round...

else theres no point lol
Gear:

Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Fender Telecaster USA
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sheraton
Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Super Overdrive
MXR Carbon Copy
Morley Pro Series Wah/Volume/Distortion
t.bone wireless system.