I'm in love with this pedal and I can't wait to hold it in my arms. lol

But will it work with my Marshall amp? I've found that sometimes Line 6 uses different sockets to Marshall for some things. Two brands at war and all that.

Line 6 JM4 Looper
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/76296
It should work if it goes through the input jack.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by ljpfahey
I'm in love with this pedal and I can't wait to hold it in my arms. lol

But will it work with my Marshall amp? I've found that sometimes Line 6 uses different sockets to Marshall for some things. Two brands at war and all that.

Line 6 JM4 Looper
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/76296

uhh... the forbidden pear would be more than appropriate here.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
uhh... the forbidden pear would be more than appropriate here.

i think he is refering to the foot controllers for the spider series amps, they use an ethernet cable of some shiz.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Depends what Marshall it is. If it's an MG it won't work and you'll have to buy a new amp.
Quote by chea_man
i think he is refering to the foot controllers for the spider series amps, they use an ethernet cable of some shiz.

i was aware of that, its just theres absolutely no logic behind them using different connections to marshall for anything else due to being "rival companies" (where did that even come from anyway?) as marshall use the standard connections most of the time, and going against the industry standard just to beat the "rivals" is completely ridiculous. Basically, unless its specifically built to work with other line 6 stuff only like a foot controller for the modelling amps - which the looper is not, because there'd be no point in making a looper that only works with a specific amp - it would just kill off most of the market for that type of product.
Rig Winter 2017:

All right, don't have a fit, Blompcube.
The experience I have with them using different connections was when I went for a grade exam and my Marshall foot switch couldn't be plugged in to their Line 6 amp. Because the Line 6 foot switch used a different connection.
I know it's only the foot switch but still I would want to be sure I wasn't going to buy something that I couldn't use.

And it's not that ridiculous. Look at PCs and Macs.
Yeah, but what you were saying is that they purposefully use different things to get back at Marshall.

The reason they have different methods for plugging it in is because their products are different, same goes with PCs and Macs, they're not compatible with each other because their not compatible...
Quote by ljpfahey
All right, don't have a fit, Blompcube.
The experience I have with them using different connections was when I went for a grade exam and my Marshall foot switch couldn't be plugged in to their Line 6 amp. Because the Line 6 foot switch used a different connection.
I know it's only the foot switch but still I would want to be sure I wasn't going to buy something that I couldn't use.

And it's not that ridiculous. Look at PCs and Macs.

FYI a footswitch and an effects pedal are exactly the same thing.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
FYI a footswitch and an effects pedal are exactly the same thing.

no.

footswitch is basically just a switch that allows you to trigger the functions of an external unit. an effects pedal is a unit with an internal footswitch that triggers an internal function within the unit itself... if that makes sense.

this was my point.

The Line 6 JM4 is an effects pedal, not a simple footswitch.

only the footswitches are different - marshall uses the standard stereo 1/4" jack, but because line 6 have complex digital footswitches which kinda give the flexibility of a multi FX pedal using the features within the amp, they use an ethernet connection. its not "lol lets make it incompatible with marshall!", its because they have specifically designed complex footswitches to work with the complex mechanics within the amp.

Another thing: Most computer hardware is compatible with Mac and PC. Its just software for Mac OSX is incompatible with windows because windows is a different operating system
Rig Winter 2017:

Crap, I meant to say aren't. Shows my proofreading skills.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Crap, I meant to say aren't. Shows my proofreading skills.

ok, i did my best to clear it up anyway lol
Rig Winter 2017:

people get too excited on here. lol

It's a tiny little matter and I was only making sure.

And it is not unheard of for companies with money in mind to do that sort of thing.
For example, a reason for it could be so that when someone has to make a choice between two products, one of them may be better because it works with what they already have.
So Line 6 could make a really awesome pedal, but then to use it you have to get one of their amps too.

However, my question has been answered and they do not do anything like that. So the one occasion when I experienced this problem must have been a one off thing. End of story. Hoorah. :|
Quote by Horlicks
Depends what Marshall it is. If it's an MG it won't work and you'll have to buy a new amp.

agreed

since the two companies are at war it will make your amp burn out a good 60% faster then it would by just getting old on its own

get a new amp

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.