How hard is it for someone like myself to fix fret buzz (I've never done it before) on my Epi Les Paul?

I got some fret buzz on the low E and A strings around the 2nd to 6th fret. I've tried to raise the bridge a little but its still there and the strings I'm using are 10s on it now and don't want to go for the 9's
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
You could try loosening your truss rod just a tad by turning it counter-clockwise about 1/4 of a turn.

This may do the trick, but if not........ your best solution would be a good fret leveling done by a quality luthier.

This will make it so you can have nice low action with no fret buzz. Your Epi will then play like a dream!
Raise the bridge more, adjust the truss rod (if you know what you're doing) or MAYBE raise the nut. Most likely, you just need to give up the low action if you want to rid the fret buzz.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by dcooper830
You could try loosening your truss rod just a tad by turning it counter-clockwise about 1/4 of a turn.

This may do the trick, but if not........ your best solution would be a good fret leveling done by a quality luthier.

This will make it so you can have nice low action with no fret buzz. Your Epi will then play like a dream!

I agree with the fret leveling, but don't forget its an inexpensive guitar. You probably would rather save your cash to buy something nicer rather than pump money into an Epi
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
but don't forget its an inexpensive guitar. You probably would rather save your cash

Wouldn't exactly call an Epi Les Paul a particularly cheap guitar like.... lol
Quote by handlerb
I agree with the fret leveling, but don't forget its an inexpensive guitar. You probably would rather save your cash to buy something nicer rather than pump money into an Epi

I just bought the Epi a few months ago and rather send the guitar back to Germany I'd like to get it fixed here which woulf be cheaper than shipping costs.

BTW the Epi are great guitars
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2012 Messina Classical
Quote by dcooper830

Took your advice and removed that fret buzz, now all I need is good fret polish

Thanks
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2012 Messina Classical
I have an Ibanez RG with the same problem...it was $550, which I think elevates it out of the "cheap" realm. I'm considering messing with the truss rod, but I don't wanna go and f*** it up. Could someone give a bit more detailed explanation on how to deal with this?
measure the first fret low E at the same time,
fret the last fret low E, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, look at the middle frets 7-9th.

if the string lays on the fretwire there then you need more bend,
if the string is more than a credit cards thickness up from the wire there then you dont have enough.

measure and repost.

and TS, fyi, you have needed to go thicker 11's on ur strings to eliminate the buzz, not go down to 9's. so in the future, if you want to go heavier that shouldnt be a problem, just swap one string at a time.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i have an 4500 usd gibson zakk wylde lp and a 650 usd epi zakk wylde lp but out of the two the gibson had fret buzz between the first 19th fret.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab