ok, so i bought an ehx metal muff with top boost "brand new" from guitar center for $99. I open up the box, and theres some nicks and scratches on it, so i figured not a big deal, im gonna be stepping on it and stuff anyway. So i hook it up, play my amp without it for a second, then turn the pedal on. Right when i turn it on, a horrible, loud feedback noise starts coming from my amp, the distortion sounds fine, but the feedback is just as loud as the guitar when im not playing, then when i turn the boost on, the distortion does get better, but the feedback gets worse.

So now im asking; is this pedal suppose to do that? and be that bad (its really annoying and loud), the distortion sounds great but im just wondering if GC ripped me off and gave me a used one and charged me for a new one, cause the nicks and scratches, and the annoying as hell feedback, so i wonder if i got ripped off.

Also, i bought bought a 5 foot cable from there (or atleast it was marked 5 feet on the box) and i open the box, and theres a 3 foot cable, wtf guitar center?
guitar center is also a 45 minute drive from where i live, so now i might have to return this stuff and waste some more money on gas
drive back, demand new stuff and ask to test it out first
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
yeah i probably should of tested the pedal first, but why is a 3 foot cable marked as a 5 on the box and my receipt, so yeah i payed for a 5 and got a 3, pretty bad shopping experience if u ask me...
that sucks that you have to drive that far, but you must return it. and bring the cable and receipt. and of course, always try before you buy. and say, "since i had to drive this far, throw in a couple sets of strings"
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
What kind of amp are you using and which channel are you running it through?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
peavey 6505 played through a mesa 4x12, clean, but the feedback doesnt change if i switch channels
Quote by viper62084
peavey 6505, clean, but the feedback doesnt change if i switch channels
What the hell are you using a Metal Muff with a 6505 for?
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
just preference, it sounds nicer with the pedal besides this feedback.... so im just wondering if this pedal is used and/or broken
Quote by viper62084
just preference, it sounds nicer with the pedal besides this feedback.... so im just wondering if this pedal is used and/or broken
I'm sorry but there is no way it sounds better than the 6505 lead channel. If it does, there is something wrong with your ears or the amp.

And yeah, I'd return it.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Take it back and get an overdrive pedal instead
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i probably should, i was originally gonna get a maxon OD-808 and then just use the lead channel on the 6505
Do you really need a distortion pedal with a 6505? I thought they had bags of gain on tap???
bags of gain, yes. But it all matters if it sounds good, which it sounds alright, but not exactly what i want