is there a way to get into thrash territoty without a distortion pedal on a classic 30. i have a great classic rock/ and hardrock tone but i want a thrash tone to. I have a bad monkey to use with it. I think maybe it just isnt voiced for thrash with my settings. any one know how to do it?
turn the volume up and gain down on the bad monkey, and use it on the dirty channel.
also, does it have a master volume? if so, dont be afraid of some preamp Overdrive.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Not really.

You can try to boost it but you'd be pushing it if you wanted to do thrash.

For future reference, if you want to do metal, tube amps aren't always the answer. Especially on a budget.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
much of thrash wasnt really done with what i would call "high gain" or "metal" amps.
especially the real thrash, like early metallica.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
seeing as how even boosting a classic 30 is pushing it pretty hard to get into metal territory maybe try a distortion pedal

even boosting with my boss ml2 gives some usable metal tone
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Not really.

You can try to boost it but you'd be pushing it if you wanted to do thrash.

For future reference, if you want to do metal, tube amps aren't always the answer. Especially on a budget.

i understand that. i bought the amp as i primarily do classic rock/ hardrock. which this amp does perfectly.

and yeah im actually learning a few of the songs off of kill em all and my band is gonna play at least one of them so i wanted to get semi close to the tone. i got close but i wanted to see if i could get any closer.
Quote by enalsisiht
i understand that. i bought the amp as i primarily do classic rock/ hardrock. which this amp does perfectly.

and yeah im actually learning a few of the songs off of kill em all and my band is gonna play at least one of them so i wanted to get semi close to the tone. i got close but i wanted to see if i could get any closer.

Get a ProCo Rat distortion and boost the front end with it. Instant Kill 'Em All.

Quote by chea_man
much of thrash wasnt really done with what i would call "high gain" or "metal" amps.
especially the real thrash, like early metallica.

Early Metallica was done on modded JMP amps and JCM 800 amps. They were pretty grainy. Especially the latter.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a ProCo Rat distortion and boost the front end with it. Instant Kill 'Em All.

Early Metallica was done on modded JMP amps and JCM 800 amps. They were pretty grainy. Especially the latter.

what do you mean by boost the front end?
Quote by enalsisiht
what do you mean by boost the front end?

Use it in front of your drive channel.

Turn the level up on the pedal and turn up the gain a little bit.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster