Okay so right now i'm at a loss trying to decide which of these pedals I should get. Right now it's a choice between

*Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
*Boss ML-2 Metal Core
*Digitech MMX Metal Master
*Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff

Please help me decide. Choose which one you think is best and why.
Metal Muff by a long shot.

Try to score a Guyatone MMX Metal Monster.

It owns the rest.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Metal Muff
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

One of the boss pedals for sure, they are amazing, and can get a HUGE range of metal tones
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
One of the boss pedals for sure, they are amazing, and can get a HUGE range of metal tones

Sure, if by huge range you mean, crappy, can of bees metal tone.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by cukd7x-a2-

gaaahhh!

Ts, what amp are you using, what guitar are you using and what kind of sound are you looking for?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
ew boss distortion is nasty. sounds like very fake and fizzy,,
metal muff for sure
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I have a Dean ZX and I will be getting an Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cab. I'm just looking for a diverse range of sounds so I can trying to "find my way" so to speak. I don't want anything too "death metal" like. Something remniscent of 80s metal would be nice...
One band that highly comes to mind is Iron Maiden, if that helps...i'll add the Rat to my list of considerations...
Quote by steven seagull
Proco Rat

80's metal in a box, well not exactly but close
Alright then, I guess it's narrowed down to

*Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
*Pro Co Rat2

I'm leaning more towards the Rat, but more opinions would be nice...
Quote by ahsvball2507
I have a Dean ZX and I will be getting an Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cab. I'm just looking for a diverse range of sounds so I can trying to "find my way" so to speak. I don't want anything too "death metal" like. Something remniscent of 80s metal would be nice...

i have a modded Vj and a metal muff. and the metal muff will do 80's metal very well.
Quote by yoyodunno
Have you looked at the vox Satchurator, it looks like it can get lots of sounds.

Actually, from reviews I've read, its pretty much just an emulation of the Satch's tone.
Quote by ahsvball2507
Which mod do you have? So it looks like the Muff is winning right now...

i've done the bitmo spanky mod www.thetubestore.com/bmspanky.html
and the heyboer output transformer from www.allenamps.com
heyboer claims a raise in wattage from 5 watts to 8 to 10 watts. and i've put in jj tube's. and my cab has a celestion g12k. i use a tubescreamer for classic rock tones and a metal muff for metal tones. here is my view on VJ and the mods i've done. they were to increase clean headroom. attenuators are great thing...............but what if you playin a song like fade to black where you have to go from clean to dirt. you can't do it with a cranked vj.
I'll probably do a couple os simple mods in the future. So it seems like i'm getting the Metal Muff, unless I can get some more opinions...
well from my experience the metal zone is awesome. only 100 bucks and it has amazing sound.
So that's two votes for the metal zone, probably around ten or so for the metal muff, and two for the Rat 2. hmm...
dont bother with the metal zone, had it for 3 months and got sick of it. You would be best off with going to a store and trying them
Quote by ahsvball2507
So that's two votes for the metal zone, probably around ten or so for the metal muff, and two for the Rat 2. hmm...

The rat's your best bet - people who know what they're talking about never bother with polls because they're a waste of space.

The metal zone doesn't warrant the slightest bit of your attention.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I dont know about the Metal Muff or the Rat but i do know about the Metal Zone.

It sounds hollow and fizzy. Mid controls are **** and the very fuzzy for a metal pedal.
Go with the metal muff, Ive used all of those pedals and the metal muff by far has teh most brootalzest tone of them all. The only thing with more brootal tone than the metal muff is a mesa triple recto
Metal muff ftw.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Proco Rat all the way. The Metal Muff will get you that modern metal kinda Avenged Sevenfold tone and go further on but it just doesn't have that kinda buzz or fizz at the end which some people hate but i love it.
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
landmine ld1

phenomenal distortion pedal for a reasonable price
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.