Hey guys/girls

First time posting in this section.

So i got my first Pedal to be more precise a Modtone:SpeedBox (Distortion XL)

Iam useing my Pedal thru my ''Clean'' channel what whould the effects be if i changed it over to ''Lead'' whith >Gain on, and my pedal on allso? could i damage my amp?

And second question is:
Should i disconnect the pedal after Use,ore is it enough just to unhook the cable that goes to my input on the guitar,i was thinking so that i dont drain the batterys,If it drains them att all when not in use?
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
You won't damage it.

You might damage your ears with all of the muck and ear piercing feedback.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
you need to take the cable out of the pedal input, otherwise the battery will lose power

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Odds are it won't damage your amp. Turn your volume down pretty low on your amp when you turn the pedal on in the "lead" mode, then gradually turn up the volume on your amp. It will probably sound a little rough but mess around with the eq and any other knobs and see what cool sounds you get. When your finished, make sure to unplug the cable from the insert on the pedal. If you don't, your batteries will die for sure.
Good Luck
I (still, after everything) believe in Billy Corgan.
k.
It cannot harm your amp. So see for yourself what happens when its switched on the lead channel. Many people prefer their distortion pedals through the clean channel though.

Get an Adapter for sure, but until then, disconnect the cable in the input to prevent battery drain.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer