Hey, i recently noticed that when i play something that i dont use my pinky finger in, i tend to stick it right out. is this a bad habit or should i care at all? heres a really bad diagram......... neck--> l/ <-- pinky EDIT: Hey, I just noticed Vai does this too sometimes! it must not be as bad as i thought
Last edited by Spudderz at Aug 24, 2008,
i have the same habbit. and i dont think its too bad, but ive been trying to correct by actually playing with my pinky.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
yeah that is a bad diagram haha. I suppose it might create unnecessary tension in your hand but idk
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
dosnt make a difference
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Well, I know I've seen quite a few people do this, and I know a lot of people tend to "tuck" their pinky in while doing things like sweeping, I've really only ever heard that tucking your pinky in while sweeping makes a difference (as it makes you slower I guess).

Bottom line I don't think you have a problem. If you are concerned about it just try to play more with your pinky I suppose.