I was at Guitar Center yesterday and tried a bunch of strats. I thought I was set on getting this Standard, brown sunburst I believe it was, for around $400, but maybe less if I go to this other music store my buddy recommended me.

But for the first time I think I tried the Deluxe Lonestar Strat. It's $500 but I can get a discount from said music store. Thing is, I just called them and they said they are getting them in a couple weeks. Is it worth the wait? I played it for quite a while and it sounds great.

Then there's the standard, which I can get for cheaper, but what's making me wonder is the action..

Anyway, your thoughts? Should I just wait for a few more weeks?
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
Well, that's the one with the humbucker, right? It'll probably a step up from the Standard ones, so maybe you should just wait a few weeks and try it.

And with the 'bucker you get added versitality. And everything is upgraded. And Seymour Duncan pickups.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Yeah, I've been looking for a good strat for weeks, or some months. And I've been looking for a nice bluesy tone for forever.

And what makes this music store even better is you get free strings and two free setups, if I remember correctly.. and Guitar Center doesn't do that.

Now I can get the guitar from GC, just not the free bonuses, so it may take me a while if I go to the other place.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Lil Macker
Well, that's the one with the humbucker, right? It'll probably a step up from the Standard ones, so maybe you should just wait a few weeks and try it.

And with the 'bucker you get added versitality. And everything is upgraded. And Seymour Duncan pickups.

If this is right, I'd go with the lonestar strat, it'll be worth the difference.
Personally I think it depends on what kind of music you are looking to play with the strat. I would also look into the Deluxe Roadhouse Strat if you are looking for a strat with all single coils, it has 3 Texas Special single coils while the Deluxe Lonestar Strat has 2 Texas Specials in the neck and middle and a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the bridge.
Epiphone G-400
Epiphone Valve Junior Half Stack
Fender DG-20CE
Quote by joeymaxx
If this is right, I'd go with the lonestar strat, it'll be worth the difference.

Yeah, but what about the wait? A couple weeks, possibly.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
All right, thanks. Plus it's a sweet deal. I'll check up on the store every now and then. Thanks!
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
lonestars are great. a duncan humbucker and texas special singles. a killler combination for modern blues, classic rock, and some harder rock.
the old american made lonestars have reached a mythical status, hence the mexican version. one of the few things to live up to the hype i think.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
And blues, of course, I play a lot of that. Can't forget the Texas Specials.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX