what would be the best single coil GFS pickups to get for a strat I am building if I want to get a good bluesy, john mayer, stevie ray vaughn type of tone?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
all you need is a set of 11 gauge strings
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
haha ok well i still have to buy some pickups for my guitar because it currently has none
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
Try their boston blues ones they are damn god for the price. THere are some vids online ina forum that popped up in a google search.
Quote by ccatrackstar
what would be the best single coil GFS pickups to get for a strat I am building if I want to get a good bluesy, john mayer, stevie ray vaughn type of tone?

To get the best SRV/ John Mayer tone you need pickups that use formvar wire. GFS doesn't use formvar so you can't really get the tone you are after from them, but they can get you a good all around tone that is better than stock MIM or squier pickups.

Basically you want the lowest output alnico 5 single coil pickups GFS makes. I can't be arsed to look them up for you, but that is what you want.
Not taking any online orders.
what type of pickups are wound with formvar wire?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
Most of the boutique winders make them but not many of the brand names do. Fender has a custom set and Duncan has a set too but neither are wound to correct DC resistances, neither hand wind, like fender did back then, and neither do anything to compensate for the fact that the alloy in alnico changed in the mid 70's and so you can't get vintage sound by building to exact vintage specs anymore.

Most boutique widers do take this into considaration which means you get a more authentic sounding product, however, you have to pay for it. I make a very good SRV/JM set and other makers such as Frailin, and Stephen's Designs also make good 50's and early 60's style pickups.
so i was reading the specs on all the different gfs single coil sets and there were some that said they had formvar wire in them.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
^There website is very misleading and sometimes they out and out lie. It used to be a lot worse than it is now but it's still not very honest. GFS doesn't use formvar. If you check the wording on their site they will use terms like "authentic formvar plain enamel" which is a term they made up and it isn't a real type of wire at all.
oh ok, thanks for clearing that up for me!
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr