I need a new amp that is gig worthy, and i have a budget of around 800-900.

Ive been going around and trying stuff out, and im almost decided.

I play mostly metal, metalcore, and hard rock, with the occasional funk mixed in.

So im thinking that a bugera 333xl 212 and a metal muff, with a noise suppressor if i have enough money left over.

is that a good idea, or no?

EDIT: I was also thinking about not getting the amp and getting the 333 head with the bugera cab.
Last edited by Grey Dynasty at Aug 23, 2008,
Quote by Grey Dynasty
I need a new amp that is gig worthy, and i have a budget of around 800-900.

Ive been going around and trying stuff out, and im almost decided.

I play mostly metal, metalcore, and hard rock, with the occasional funk mixed in.

So im thinking that a bugera 333xl 212 and a metal muff, with a noise suppressor if i have enough money left over.

is that a good idea, or no?

EDIT: I was also thinking about not getting the amp and getting the 333 head with the bugera cab.

The 333xl combo will be loud enough. Believe me. A noise suppressor probably wouldn't hurt, as the one included is fast but not very... Well... Natural. The amp will work wonders for metal though, be sure to get the XL version, with high/low gain inputs, reverb, presence, and the XL switches as they'll all pretty handy and help shape your sound a bit more.
No, not really. I believe all the Bugeras have enough gain by themselves.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
The 333XL would be a great rig for you, since it has good cleans and you play the occasional funk.

You might be able to find a used JCM2000 DSL or JCM 800 in your range, so keep your eyes open.
Do NOT use a metal muff with a Bugera at all. That will pretty much defeat the whole purpose of buying a tube amp...
If you find that your not getting enough gain from that amp which is extremely hard to believe (I play Deathcore and my gain was set to about 4 - 5) you could always buy an Overdrive pedal such as a Tubescreamer/Krankshaft/GT OD there's plenty to choose from. But yeah its a killer amp man and I highly recommend it for metal... how ever after re reading your post it seems that the 6262 might be better suited to your needs. Go and try them all out and I bet that the bugera will totally destroy everything else in the price range!

Good luck bro
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
You do not need a metal muff with a high gain amp. The lead channel is why you buy the amp theres no need for a distortion pedal. The 333xl has tighter gain and just over all a way better sounding amp than a 6262 in my opinion. The 6262 is more screaching distortion and sounds very loose. 333xl is very tight kinda more rectifier distortion.
I have a bad monkey tube overdrive... i actually quit using it with the 333xl. I use it with my 6505 but the 333xl sounds better natural.
... :-I
Most people think of it as the other way around
333xl*mesa* - loose gain
62xx*peavey* - tight and raw
But I guess everyones different.

Anyway TS, go and try the amps out you won't regret it. For a noise suppressor you should try and get an ISP Decimator as it is by far the best one on the market that is reasonably priced.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Peavey Windsor and a metal muff is fvcking kickas$
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7